Friday, May 16, 2008

Wonderful Life



Lincoln is so much fun. We are just loving being mommy and daddy! Just in these last 2 weeks he has learned so much. It's crazy how quick it is! He has started reaching out and grasping his toys in front of him. It was funny; me and Mike were on the couches, he was taking a nap, and all the sudden I heard Linc's music to his toy turn on and I see him reaching and hitting it. Wahoo! So of course I'm like, "Oh my gosh! Mike look at Linc! That's the first time!" (Like all first time mommies) He opens an eye to see and says, "Yeah, cool" and rolls over and keeps sleeping. (A man) Linc now notices his little "feetsies" and loves to play w/them, he talks and sings so much. He also started eating rice cereal. He is such a cutie eating from a spoon!



It's all I can do to keep his hands out of his mouth! He has red swollen fingers because he sucks on them so much. I try the binky, but nope, only hands.

I took this as soon as I saw him while Mike and I were on the couch

Even though we don't need a helmet for him, Lincoln's Dr still recommended Physical Therapy for his head. Because he was always looking to his right side, his neck muscles on the left side are pretty tight. So they do exercises w/him and check reflexes and motor skills. It's a Child Development Center here in Green River. I really like them and it's helped me a lot to see what I need to be doing w/him. I am so bad at "tummy time!" He does ok for about 5 minutes, then screams, but we are working on it! They also have a 'Parents as Teachers' class sort of thing that I think I'll start doing also. I've really enjoyed being a mommy and want to learn more about what I can do to teach Lincoln; I have no idea!



I've had so much fun out here meeting a lot of people. About once a month or so I love to get some of my girlfriends together and we go to the late show. It is one of my favorite things so far! We just went to see 'What Happens in Vegas' last weekend. K, it was so much fun! Girl talk, no babies, and a romantic comedy; a good night. I highly recommend it; it was hilarious and made me miss Vegas so much (if that's believable!) Good thing me and Mikey are going to Mesquite (close enough) in a couple of weeks! Me and Linc went to a Scentsy candle party at my friend Amanda's while Mike was on a job. I'm not a candle person, but they were pretty cool. I'm still thinking about getting some. My favorite was Freshly Cut Grass. I know, crazy, but yum!

My sweet little Lincoln:)

Happy Mother's day to my mom and Susan! Sorry we couldn't be w/you girls on your day. It was an ok day. Mike and I for some odd reason don't celebrate holidays much. It's just whatever, any other day (although I do love my birthday!). I got to see Mike for an hour last Christmas Day and was the happiest person ever! He was on a job, and came into town to "get food." I was reading the Twilight series (present from Daniel) and was as happy as can be. Anyways, I had gotten some curtains in the living room a few weeks ago and told Mike that they could be my Mother's Day present. And what a wonderful one at that! We did go over to our friend's house, Nathan and Toni Southam. That was way fun! We didn't mean to stay as long as we did, but Mike was earning how to play Guitar Hero. It was fun! (Although Nathan did give away the ending in Harry Potter #6! I finally finished yesterday, but man was I bummed to already know what happens. But it's ok guys, we are still friends!:)) Which by the way thanks to Toni, we found out you can watch whatever TV show you want on the channel's website. Um best thing ever! And also, where the heck have we been!?

My curtains

Mikey just got home yesterday afternoon on another job, and should be going on another one tomorrow. It's fun to have him around and here to play w/us! He was waiting for a certain job for about 3 days, just waiting. He is sure funny when he's impatient:) I love him very much...

Haha I just think these two are so funny! He's crazy:)




He was helping Mommy w/some workouts.

3 comments:

Bradley, DeAnna, Donovan, and Chamae said...

Lincoln sounds so much like Donovan, besides the lopsided head thing (except that Donovan would only turn over to the right for like 3 weeks until he figured out the left). It'll be so fun to see how they all react to each other, Donovan is only around older kids like his almost 2 year old cousin. It should be a lot of fun!

heidijogoody said...

I actually had to take Lily to physical therapy because she had a tight muscle on one side of her neck and would favor the other side. It only took a few months of the exercises and the physcial therapy and then it was perfect. I love the new curtains. And of course Lincoln is just so darn cute. See you this next weekend.

Toni said...

Oh my gosh Lincoln is SOOOO cute! I love his smile! Have fun in St. George and I hope you figure out a way to read Harry Potter 7!