Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Happy Halloween!

This was how our little girl was the day before Halloween. We were at church and all the sudden during sacrament meeting, she got super hot and wouldn't move. She just wanted me to hold her close and still, which is not her. We left right away and as soon as we got home, her temp was 103.6. Poor baby girl. She ended up throwing up later in the middle of the night (all over me may I add!). Mike was away on a job and having a terrible night:(, so it was all me. Its amazing what it takes for us to be reminded how much we truly love our children.

Her temp eventually got up to 104.4 and she was freezing. After a bath, she didn't want clothes on, so she got to take a nap on my bed wrapped in her towel and Mommy's special blanket.

Lincoln was so concerned for her and kept asking if he could hold her.

He loves his baby sister:)

Lincoln had a trunk or treat at his school on Halloween and so I got to dress up the trunk and give out candy. It was so fun to be there and see Linc with his class and trick or treat! (Quoi was feeling better, but still had to stay in the car) And it was the first day that Lincoln did not want to go to school! He walked in and saw everyone dressed up and wouldn't let go of my leg. I had to take him out and have a chat. He took off his costume and said he was scared. He did agree to go to class, and later put the costume back on. It was so weird to see him like that. He is not usually shy.

Because Lincoln got to go trunk or treating and trick or treating at an assisted living center for his school, and Sequoia was still a bit slow from the night before, all four of us stayed home for Halloween. This was the first time that Mike has ever been home for Halloween since we've had kids! And I honestly think the kids had more fun at home "rassling" with Daddy and giving out candy to other kids then going out and doing their own trick or treating. It was a special night with our family:)

Oh was I a proud Momma! He was so happy to walk around and be with his classmates.

Miss Heather and Miss Tara... Garth and Wayne. Awesome.
Lincoln did not think it was awesome. It was seeing Miss Heather that made him freak out. She felt so bad.

Our awesome Black Widow we found just beyond our back fence while we were out on a walk. It is giving me chills just looking at it right now!

Love this girl! She loves to rock the hats and zero clothes!

Sequoia at 5pm a couple days ago. I was so sad! (Day-light Savings was this past Sun)

They wanted to play outside so bad when it was snowing and freezing. I finally let them until I look out the kitchen window. She had to go potty so she just pulled her pants down and went. She is AWESOME!!
(Of course she squatted and peed all over her pants.)

Their new cool thing is making a "hut" behind the chair. They get all the pillows from the couches, all the pillows from the bedrooms, blankets, and big dolls and make a huge pile of fun. Add in some books and some shows and they are the happiest kids ever. I love that they are getting so imaginative. Sometimes the hut is their car, an airplane, a spaceship, or the museum.





They were cold one morning and wanted to wear Mommy's sweatshirts.

The days they aren't driving around in their hut, they are taping themselves to the chair (or each other). Its amazing how cool a roll of tape is!



We have had some pretty good weeks. These two just crack me up! I love how much they love each other and do so good together. They have their occasional disagreements, but for the most part, they love to be around each other and just play. I'm grateful so I can get things done! And play with them:) When I go to bed at night, sometimes my best days are when the house is a mess and we got to play a lot together. Especially with Daddy when he's home!!

Mike has actually been going out on jobs quite a bit lately. It was really nice to have him home a bunch for a while there. He's been working pretty hard and is gone a bunch, but its amazing how much time he still finds to spend with us. The kids absolutely love it when he is around them. Me too:)

4 comments:

heidijogoody said...

Poor Sequoia she sure didn't look like she felt well. It is so hard when kids are sick. Lincoln is so cute with her. Its so lucky that they will play so nice together.

Stephanie said...

I love their cute boots! They sure a good kis. We love spending time with them. Thanks for moving here. It's nice to have such a great friend near by!

Unknown said...

I love your kids! I hope we all get our sicknesses out before Thanksgiving. We've been getting it around here too.

One Happy Heart Family said...

Poor thing!!! Sorry she got sick, nothing is worse then a sick baby.


I still can't stop laughing about her peeing outside!! In the SNOW!!! LOL Your kids are SO ADORABLE!!!