Monday, August 26, 2013

Lincoln's First Day Of Kindergarten!!

Lincoln's first day of school! He is at Arrowhead Elementary, Grandma Susan's school! He was so excited to actually get to go to school with Grandma. She got to take him a couple times too. He is in the Chinese Immersion Program. This is the first year the district is starting it with kindergarteners. (So far the program is up to 2nd graders, Grandma Susan's class). It is amazing! He has half day kindergarten, so for the first hour and half he goes to Miss Ping's classroom and learns math and science. She is Chinese and ONLY speaks Chinese in class. They learn by immersion. Crazy. Then the second hour and half he goes to Mrs Seely's classroom and learns English, reading and everything else. It's been fun to listen to Lincoln speak some Chinese. Then at home we have the regular homework along with some online math that is in English he does. I'm excited to see how it goes. I really hope we will be able to continue this program till graduation. In the end, he will graduate with a minor in a foreign language. And I'm crossing my fingers Sequoia will be able to start the program next year!
This boy is so much fun! :) Oh and I'm pretty sure he was late on the first day. Of course.
Aurora! Look at Mommy! This was the best I could get.
Thank you Power Rangers, Skylanders, Star Wars and Super Heroes for his awesome moves.

2013-2014  Age 5


This girl is so excited to start next year!!




Playing with their cousin Damon

Oh this is one of my favorites! :)
Yes... I know she is eating the wood chips... But she's been so good. Eh.




Dang St George is HOT. This was their first time playing at their favorite park, Cottonwood Cove.
I love this stage with the kids. The two oldest can go play and I don't have to stress about them on the playground (yes I'm a freak, I hate playgrounds!) and the baby is the perfect age where is just sits there and smiles eating wood chips. Awesome time to be a Mommy:)

0 comments: