Friday, March 25, 2016

Mammos and the Book of Mormon

Our little family was finally starting to get a routine going. Annie watches Aurora while the kids are at school. Then if I work late, Mike goes and picks up all the kids and takes them home. He is a better parent than I am. He doesn't yell and get stressed like Mommy does;) By the time I get home, homework is done, kids are fed, showered and ready for bed. Seriously he is amazing.

Just a few weeks ago I was working and the Mammo Lead asked to talk to me. She told me they were going to let me do my 25 Supervised Mammograms, let me finish up my 100 exams and do a bunch of extra things so I can take the boards. Then when I'm registered, they are going to hire me PRN as a Mammo Tech! Holy smokes I was freaking out inside. I almost cried right there in her office. It was seriously my DREAM! I later asked her if I could hug her. AAHHH!

So now things have gotten a bit busier with our cute little family, but since I have the most supportive and fabulous husband possible, we are making it work! I work pretty much the same amount of hours as the desk clerk and do mammos in between as much as I can. The best part about it is, I get paid finishing up my schooling too! It's the same amount as a desk clerk, but I thought it would be free so that was a huge blessing for us. 

Book of Mormon Challenge:

Months and months ago I visited a sister in my ward and she told me about a 90 day challenge. You read the B of M 3 times in 90 days (30 days each time). Each time you read it, you highlight something new. The first time in yellow, anything that is important to you. Second time in red, anything in reference to the Savior and the atonement. And the third time in blue, anything that relates to yourself at the time.  I heard about it, laughed, and thought, "Ha! I'd never do that in my life."

Well it was just before Christmas while Mike and I were visiting my parent's ward, and during sacrament meeting I felt the strongest impression that I needed to do the challenge. I am a super slow reader and knew it was going to be so hard to do, but it was what I felt I needed to do. I had been struggling with a few hard things that have come our way and needed to feel and know that I can have the Holy Ghost with me always. I started right away. And I'll tell ya what, what an experience it was! 

For 3 whole months I read 18 pages a day. It was not an easy task. There were some nights I was up till 2am just to finish for the day, or I'd not get my reading done and have to double up. And I was that strange girl who carried her Book of Mormon everywhere with her. But when I knelt down and committed myself to reading this book, I knew it would be hard, but I also knew there would be many blessings in return. And I can testify of that. We have received so many extra blessings in these past 3 months it's been wonderful. 

I have a testimony of that book. It is powerful. I love the way I feel when I read it. I could honestly tell a difference in my life and the choices I made while I read the book and did what the prophets told us to do. One of the things that stood out to me the most was over and over again all the prophets WROTE EVERYTHING DOWN. And the Savior told them over and over and chastised them for not writing down their history. I need to do the same. Everything happening in our lives is important. I want my children to be able to know who Mike and I are, and know who they are. I need to write down my experiences in life and share my testimony. Oh I could go on and on about the Book of Mormon and how much this experience has touched my life. Now that I've finished, I'm excited to read it again and this time write down my thoughts as I go.

1 comments:

Stephanie Dirks said...

I love 'catching up' with your life. I wish it could be in person. Some day. I'm glad to see that things are going well for you. I'm happy that you got the job that you wanted. I'm happy that you are able to do something that you want to do. You were meant to be right where you are. I'm happy with how things have fallen into place for you- even the hard parts. Love ya, Quel!!