Sunday, April 5, 2009

Lincoln's first flight

Me and Linc have had one fun-filled week! Originally Mike, Linc, and I were all going to go to St George as a family to go have some fun down there. Then, of course, Mike got called out on a job during is "week-off," which isn't too bad right now because they've been super slow at the shop. So, we were bummed, but then decided Linc and I would just go down ourselves and have Daddy meet up with us later. The day before we were supposed to leave there came a HUGE snow storm. But lucky us, Grandpa Goodman got us tickets to just fly down instead, and have Mike drive the car down later. And so here we are!

We got here Wed evening. It was Linc's first time flying. He sure was a trooper. The first flight from RS to SLC, he didn't sleep at all. I was really suprised! But he did pretty good for a 15 month old. Everyone else just asked for earplugs before we took off so it wasn't too bad:) He was actually better stuck on my lap for over an hour than he is in church! Good boy! The flight to St G, he fell asleep before the plane even took off; it was wonderful!

We've had fun just hanging out here at Grandma and Grandpa Goodman's. I got a lot of shopping done that I needed! I'm so so so excited that I finally found the bedsets I want for the kid's room! Wahoo!! Now I just need to organize the house, which will take forever, and get painting. Oh and by the way the boys moved out so I can get started on the room, yea!!

Poor Mike was still home when another huge blizzard came through Western Wyo. He did eventually make it out when the roads finally opened Sat afternoon and made it to St George that night. It has been wonderful to have him here with us, I've loved every minute! We got to listen to conference Sunday together, go to the park, visit with friends, and just hang out and play and Mike got to lay out in the beautiful sunshine. (Me and my big bootie are not going out in a bathing suit this season!) Its been nice to get to relax and be lazy for a bit.

I'll post pics later:)

Oh and one more thing for now..... We have FINALLy decided on a name (middle name to come) and our so excited!! Her name is Sequoia:)

8 comments:

Christy said...

Oh that's soo cute!! We are all flying to Oregon in May so hopefully Jack will be just as good on the plane! Love the name... did you get that off of 'Friends" haha jk - keep in touch :)

Annica said...

Congrats on picking a name!! It will be cute!

Cottam Family said...

I love the name and I'm so happy that we got to see you guys for a little bit while you were here!

Bradley, DeAnna, Donovan, and Chamae said...

I'm glad the flight went well. I am flying out to Utah at the end of the month and am getting a little nervous. Hopefully Donovan will be as good as Lincoln! He has flown a few times, but he never quite gets that he has to sit still!

heidijogoody said...

How fun to be relaxing and enjoying yourself. And the name you have picked is a cute one!

Mullins Family said...

Your trip sounded fun and relaxing :) That's great to hear!! YES!! I love the name too!! Soooooo cute!!!

Tosha G said...

love the name. you're brave to fly by yourself glad it went well and you were able to have some fun. It's nice to get away from the cold.

Unknown said...

What a cute name! I am so glad Linc did good on the flight. I bet that was such a relief:) Can we see another pic of the belly? Its so cute!