Thursday, September 29, 2011

Life:

I know I am so bad at writing things down! I'll try to do better! Life for us here in Casper/Bar Nunn is actually pretty good. We are starting to really like it here and are getting back into a routine. We really like our neighborhood and where we live. It is a bit of a bummer to have to drive 15 min to get to town, but I'll trade that for when we are home and away from business. We still live in a cul-de-sac and by a lot of houses, but it is not busy at all. Bar Nunn population is 2000. I love it!

Lincoln is going to school now 4 days a week in the afternoon and loving it! (I don't love the driving all day long, but he loves it so I'll live:) He is officially no longer a "special education" student! They just did a bunch of tests and he is now just a payed preschooler. He has been fantastic. His teachers love him and say he is their "model student." Wahoo! We are so proud of him. While going over the testing scores with me, they said he was passing the tests all the way up to the 6 yr old level in almost every category. I'll take the "model student" student over the "lead vest student!" He has come a long way and is really such a sweet boy and pretty well behaved. Love you little man! Good job:)

Life has not slowed down completely since moving here. I was called into the new Relief Society Presidency here in the 5th ward as the 2nd Counselor about a month ago. I have really enjoyed it. I have gotten to know so many new sisters here and already have some pretty good friends. It's a busy calling, but I still don't feel anywhere near as stressed as I felt when I was in young womens. I think I'm going to love serving in this calling.

Mike so far seems pretty happy at this new shop here in Casper. Still a stressful job, but it has been a lot better. We actually get to see him more! I love it! And I'm sure he loves to be home and relax sometimes. He drives about 11 minutes to work, which is so great considering where we live, and I see him almost every day for lunch. He still travels, but it seems like its more for meetings and trainings than going hours on end without sleeping. The kids are absolutely loving having their sweet Daddy around:)

1 comments:

heidijogoody said...

It sure sounds like you guys are getting right in and loving your new place. Congrats on the new calling you will do great