Thursday, May 31, 2012

10 Weeks

A little more than a month ago (because life hasn't stopped long enough to write it down!) we had a pretty scary night.  I started bleeding one evening and the first thing I thought was, "Oh great, I just had a miscarriage!"  Mike had just gone to scouts and he doesn't get to go every week so I didn't call him till he was on his way home.  It was such a sad feeling.  I called the doc on-call and she told me I could either go to the emergency room or just wait till tomorrow morning to see my OB to see if we lost it or what was going on. When Mike got home we talked about it and I almost went in that night but decided to just wait. 

That might have been one of the longest nights of my life.  I slept just a couple hours and my thoughts kept running and running.  Not fun.  I just didn't know what to think.  I should have listened to Mike and went in that night!:)

So anyways, my friend Steph watched the kids while I went to the Dr to get checked out.  (Thanks Steph!:)  Mike met me there, but got stuck on a phone call and didn't make it in till it was all over.  Of course.  In the end, all is well.  My OB is thinking that a blood vessel popped in my cervix and caused the bleeding.  What a relief!  And another relief to see one little munchkin in there instead of two:) But we'll also take what we can get! 

I had received a patriarchal blessing from Mike when we first got pregnant and the word that stood out to me that was said was, "Hope."  I kept thinking of hope and will continue to think of it throughout this pregnancy and life.  It now has more meaning to me than ever before.  I'm so excited for this little one to continue to grow and enjoy the opportunity to carry a baby:)

1 comments:

heidijogoody said...

So glad everything was ok. I had the same thing happen when I was pregnant with Sophie. Scared the crap out of me.