Monday, April 16, 2012

4+1=5!

We are so excited; we are expected a little baby!  (After 15 months of trying, we couldn't be happier!)  The kids are super excited! For a while they both wanted a new brother, but now Quoia is leaning more towards a girl:)  When I asked her what she wanted to name it if it is a boy, she said Lincoln. If it's a girl, Sequoia.  I love those names!  I'll have to think about it;)  We like 2 names for a boy, and Lincoln really liked Canyon of the two. But now he's decided he wants his name to be Jimmy Neutron. (And for him its a boy, so no need for a girl name.) Love these two munchkins!  They will make wonderful big siblings.

Even though I'm so happy to have this little one, its a fact that I've not been feeling the best since only a week after we found out.  Its not morning sickness, its all day icky.  Bummer, but I'll live.  I wasn't icky like this with the other two all day, but I'm hoping it will go away when it did with the other two.  Things have been very different in our home.  I mainly am on the couch half or more of the day.  So not me!  The house has been a mess, laundry piles up, rooms and beds not made, dishes in the sink all night long (Ah!), but I'll live.  (Three months ago, I probably wouldn't have been able to handle it!)  Honestly, its amazing how priorities change and how things just aren't as important when you can't do anything about them.  I'm learning to just be Ok with a scattered mess all around me.  And seeing what really matters when I have to make a choice and I can't do everything.  It's been almost peaceful.  ALMOST!  :)

I am 9 weeks along and still don't even see my OB for another 3 more.  I sure love Wyo, but sometimes, I do not.  12 weeks for my first apt?  Oh well.  I'm sure I'll live.  They did call me in some Zofran for the constant nausea, so I was grateful for that. So pretty much by the time I meet the OB, I'll almost be done with the first trimester, yeah! When I found out I was expecting,  I actually had taken 3 Dollar Store pregnancy tests one weekend and all 3 were slightly positive, so I couldn't get too excited yet.  I actually had an apt scheduled with our family physician for that next day, so while I was in there I told the nurse and she ran another test within minutes and sure enough!!  I was so happy I hugged her a couple times.

I'm still loving my calling in the RS presidency. I love to go visiting teaching and love to get to know so many sisters in our ward.  Every calling I have at the moment is my favorite calling:)  Just a couple weeks ago a teacher wasn't able to make it last minute and I got to teach the lesson with about 3 minutes preparation.  I seriously loved it!  I got to teach (which I love) and didn't have to stress about it weeks in advance.  It was fun.  

Mike is still working with the cub scouts (when he's in town and available) and is having a good time with them.  He is good for those little guys. And its been good for him to have something other than work and home.

 Lincoln LOVES primary!  Two weeks ago he got to read the scripture for opening exercises, and this past week got to say the opening prayer.  He is fantastic up there and not scared at all.  Our favorite part about his prayer was "...thank you for our lives, thank you that I could say the prayer in Primary today..."  He just cracks me up!  Love him! 

And Quoi is the beloved one in nursery.  Every time I go pick her up her teachers tell me how good she is and how nice she is to all the kids.  When I go in to drop the attendance roll off in nursery, she doesn't even care I'm in there.  I'm pretty sure I miss her way more than she misses me.   And her teachers are very grateful for that too!  She just sang the whole song of "I am a Child of God" to Grandma Phister yesterday.  We sometimes forget she is only 2.  Love that girl:)
 

5 comments:

Tosha G said...

Congratulations. I am so excited for you. Hope you get feeling better soon.

heidijogoody said...

Congratulations.. that is so exciting. Sounds like everything is going so good for you guys

Christy said...

Yay!! That makes me smile, you are such a cute mommy! :) I just had my 3rd.. and love having three little ones, even though it seems crazy busy at times - it's SO worth it ;) Keep in touch girly!

Bradley, DeAnna, Donovan, and Chamae said...

Hurray! That is awesome! You and Mike make such beautiful babies, can't wait to see the next one! I love when kids learn to say prayers. When Donovan said his first primary prayer, he was sure to bless the chairs and thank Heavenly Father for letting us sit. They come up with the cutest things!!

Hilary said...

CONGRATS! WAHOO! I'm so excited for you to have your third child! Hope you get feeling better soon!
I agree that whatever calling you have at the current time is always your favorite! I'm a CTR 4 teacher. I love the primary kids! They are sooo adorable! I bet it was a proud moment to see Linc give a scripture and a prayer!