Thursday, July 26, 2012

Swimming Lessons & Aurora

Our little munchkins at swimming lessons
 (and some little children who wouldn't get out of my pictures)


What a SUMMER!  We only have a month left and I feel like it just started. It has been quite the busy one.  The kids just finished with their first session of swimming lessons.  It was for 2 weeks, 4 days each at 11:10.  Right in the middle of the day.  It was tiring, but fun to have a friend there as well that I got to chat with.  Their teacher was great and really good with them.  But Quoi was funny to watch.  She would freak with water got on her face.  Looks like she's going to love water as much as Mommy.  I want to do another session, but it looks like that won't happen for a while. We just signed Lincoln up for soccer that starts mid-August.  I'm so excited! Hopefully Quoia will get to do it in the Spring with him.

Mike and are stay pretty busy with our callings.  He has scouts every Tuesday.  I've already had a friend tell me she almost cried watching Mike with her son. She really likes him as his leader. He won't like that I wrote that, but he probably won't even read it:)  I'm loving Relief Society.  I love getting to know all the sisters, do lessons, and chat.  It's been fun.

We have a list from the library, 100 books you should read before Kindergarten. It's been our summer goal to read them all. We have 5 left on our list and are getting very excited!  So of course we've been making multiple trips to the library.  The kids love books are so good to sit still and listen.  Its been one of my favorite things to do with my kids. If I'm having a grouchy day, it all goes away when we start to read.

I'm not the best at watering the garden, but it's still holding in there with all the HEAT we've had this summer.  Next summer I'll know more and will hopefully do better.  The kids love getting to see all the plants come up and keep growing, especially since they planted the seeds themselves.

We are excited to leave in a couple days and go spend some time in Utah with our families!  Just me and the kids can go, but it should be fun:)  Lots on our list of things to do!

We also decided (I hope!!) this little munchkin will be Aurora. I really like Auri, so Mike suggested Aurora.  We talked about it like 2 years ago, so I'm so glad we still like it! :)  And if you haven't noticed... car theme.  It was just a joke at first, but now we are rolling with it and we can't have an odd child out.  This baby was either going to be Aurora or Pilot.  So hopefully I will still love Pilot if we are lucky to have another boy!  And no, we aren't "car" people, please I drive a minivan, I could definitely care less.  But I do like some of the names:)

(Although side note on Aurora: Just in the past few days, there was a terrible shooting in a movie theater for a midnight premier showing of The Dark Knight Batman series. Someone stood up and went crazy shooting many people, killing and injuring. It is so sad:( The shootings happened in Aurora, CO. So... I was pretty bummed about that. It's like naming your child Columbine. But now they are calling it The Dark Knight shooting. So hopefully she won't be assosicated with this awful night.)


He wanted so bad to make cookies, I came into the kitchen to this.  What a little cutie!  They love to bake with their Mommy. 


 Besties:)

Hats for her and her soccer ball:) 

I went to my friend's house to watch her girls (4, 3, 2 & 1 yrs of age!!) at their house.  They had a tea party.  The kids just loved it, esp Linc!


This is an awesome handle Gary invented for the sliding screen door while they were here.

Lincoln is starting soccer in a couple weeks!!  He is so excited!  And if he really likes it, we'll let him do the spring session and by then Quoi will be old enough to do it too! 

Mike took Linc out shopping just the two of them and got a bunch of soccer stuff.  Linc was so happy to be with Daddy all by himself. 


1 comments:

heidijogoody said...

Swimming lessons are the best! Cute kiddos as usual. Love the name for baby girl. So cute