Saturday, April 13, 2013

Spring Soccer Finally Gets Quoi!

Sequoia has been waiting and waiting for her turn to FINALLY play soccer with her big brother. They even get to be on the same team. (I know it was super rough when these two were babies, but I love how close in age they are!) They had their first practice last week, and their first game is next week. So excited to watch them play together.  I did notice during practice that Lincoln favored her more than the others, "Sissy, here's the ball!" Love them!
 
After practice... priceless:)

 

My Chunky Monkey
My monstrous pile of laundry (and baskets full) that I have the wonderful opportunity to fold once a week:)
 
We had the best snow storm all season a week ago.  It was beautiful. Non-stop snow for a couple days. It worked out perfect because Lincoln got sick during general conference (puking and super weak) so we didn't have to go anywhere. Then when the snow storm hit, I got sick. (I got the other end!)
Ok, so funny story... The night Lincoln starting throwing up he came into my room, I gave him a bath, got the room and everything cleaned up, and brought him into our bed with us. He ended up puking two more times. I left the room to clean the bowl, when I came back I could smell him. It was something awful. Poor boy, we just thought, "Wow, his breath reeks!"  It pretty much smelled like acidy vomit. We love our son regardless, so we cuddled him the rest of the 3 hours of the night. 
In the morning Mike could still smell him so he brushed his teeth really good to see if it would help. Then decided to just give him a quick shower. Well what do you know!? He had pooped his pants. We had no idea. Cuddled... all night...   Oh how we love you sweet boy:)
So I thought it was a hilarious story and told a couple of our friends. We laughed and carried on. I have now learned my lesson when telling stories of my children. (Have I?;)
I started to get a tummy ache a couple days after this incident. I was just sitting on the couch, minding my own business when what do you think happens??  Yes, I did. I ran straight to the shower. I'm so sorry my little man. Mommy won't laugh at you any more. 
Daddy made them the perfect little area to slide down.
 
Mike was wonderful while we were sick. He came home Monday after lunch, and didn't go back to work till Thursday so he could help me with the kids and house. (Yes part of him "helping" me with the kids involved letting them sit and watch him play X-box with Ty in Seattle. Um hmm) At least he was home and I could yell down to him when I needed something, right?  I love you sweetie!:)
 
I ended up getting super weak on Wednesday morning. I couldn't even get out of bed. Mike took me into the doctor a couple hours later. I was dehydrated. My blood pressure was low and my pulse was super high (114). I joys of nursing, the baby drains all the fluids when you're sick. I didn't want to go to the ER and pay a ton of money just to get an IV, so he sent me home with an oral hydration solution. I couldn't eat for 24. There is not many things I hate more in this world than not being able to eat. It's been a few days now. I'm still tired and need a nap and sometimes a bit weak, but I'm feeling way better now.  Hope you enjoyed the awesome story!!;)

2 comments:

heidijogoody said...

Oh man having sick kids and then being sick yourself is no fun. I hope you are all feeling all better.

Stephanie Dirks said...

Just wait until you kids are old enough to know when you've had that kind of "accident" and then tell EVERYONE about it. Kids, adults, door-to-door salesman. It's the best:) I'm glad you're feeling better. I HATE being that sick!!!