Wednesday, September 9, 2015

So Much Love!



We received so much love, notes, cards, flowers, gifts, and food from our family, ward, neighbors and friends when we lost our little baby. I was actually amazed at how much people cared about us. It was not an experience I'd like to have again, but I'm grateful for it. 

We got the genetic test results back about 2 weeks later. We had a little boy. He had Trisomy 18 (aka Edwards Syndrome) He had a 3rd chromosome at 18. Had our little man been born, he would have maybe lived a year. With Trisomy 18, most babies are mentally retarded, and have heart and facial deformities. After knowing all of this, my heart is at peace. I'm so grateful our little man didn't have to suffer here on this Earth. I'm grateful he is already back home safely with Heavenly Father. We loved him so much and we were so excited to bring him home with us, but we will just have to wait a little while longer:)

1 comments:

Stephanie Dirks said...

My friend had a baby with that. She was born and lived for just one day. I had another friend that her baby only lived for three minutes. That is a heartbreaking thing. I'm so sorry. I never found out that stuff with my babes. Now I wish I would have. I sure love and miss you!