Friday, July 26, 2019

Receiving Revelation for our Family

These last five years or so have been a mix of all sorts of ups and downs. We've been able to experience super blah and wonderful moments. Probably in the middle of super blah that Mike and I decided we are not having any more children. It wasn't an awe-ha moment of inspiration, just DONE.  We gave everything we had away gladly.

I guess about a year ago, I went to the temple with Annie. Mike was in the process of deciding what he wanted to do for a living. I wanted Engineering for his/our future, he wasn't loving it. So I went with our future in mind and wanted to know what we should do and praying for him to know.  

I have a testimony of receiving revelation. I know Heavenly Father was speaking to me that day, without question. My answer was, "You should have a baby." What!? Awe, no I think He misunderstood me. I was asking about Mike, a career, and how in the world we were going to pay for our current family. Not adding to our family. It came again, "You should have a baby." 

It took me a few days to talk to Mike about it. I was so nervous. When I told him, he said he had felt the same way the last time he was at the temple. We both could not doubt that we had both received revelation for our family and it was clear. Knowing this, we still prayed and thought and prayed some more about whether or not we were going to go forward. It sounded like a crazy thing! Our income was not in a place to be having more children, I was turning 34 soon, and Aurora was about to be in 1st grade. All the more reason to celebrate!  After a couple months, we decided, YES! Let's have another baby! 

Now at this moment in our lives, I was working full-time as a Mammo Tech, MWF 12 hr shifts. Mike was cutting for the couple that had bought Wood Creations from us. He was also cutting things with the CNC machine and trying to start a business with that. We worked opposite shifts so we could take care of our kids. Our ward had just split and I was called as the YW President, Mike was called as the 2nd Counselor in YM Presidency. And the kids still had soccer, gymnastics, piano lessons, church activities, after school activities, you name it. It was not the most convenient time.

Now right before I was called as president, we did get pregnant!! I was freaking out and ecstatic! Mike and I both. It was then that I knew we were doing the right thing. I went to my parent's house that next weekend. I remember sitting in Annalee's chapel for sacrament meeting and needed to go to the bathroom. I had started bleeding a lot. Dang. Lost the baby. It was a rough but also special sacrament meeting as I sat there thinking about this baby I didn't want, but now wanted, and just held my three babies I have. I was a sad and tender moment. We all went straight to Anna's house after and my Dad and Cory gave me a blessing. It was beautiful and I just sobbed. It's amazing how we go through trials and heartache. All I wanted was a little tiny baby. 

It was a few more months after that, we got pregnant again. And oh my was I a nervous wreck for the first 18 weeks! I'm sure Mike wanted to strangle me. (I'm so glad he loves me!)

0 comments: