Sunday, March 2, 2008

Blessing Day



LINCOLN (a few weeks ago)
Jan 4, 2008
6 lb 8 oz
20in

We finally broke down and started a blog. I said I would never start one, but here we are! I guess since we live here in this cute little town of Green River, you can see what we are up to in our crazy lives. I figured instead of writing in a journal, it would be so much easier to type. So sorry if this is a bit boring to you! I'm just writing our history :)

Today was Lincoln's blessing. It was an exciting day and a beautiful blessing. His dad gave him the blessing. It was fun to have our families come out and support us. Gary, Susan and Scott came out a few days early and played with us. It was fun! And this morning my dad and mom (Alan and Deanna) came w/Tenille and Jon, Daniel, the twins and Ty. Nana and Papa made it too:) It's fun to see how many people we can cram into our little house!




We are so so happy to have Linc in our lives! He is such a good little boy. We are SO grateful for that. He rarely cries (exception when hungry, that boy never stops!) and seems to be pretty content in his own little world, he's just like his daddy. He wakes up almost every morning at 6am, mommy really likes that!!

We've been living here in Green River, WY now since May 2007 and are loving it! We live in a good neighborhood and love our ward. Mike is serving as the 2nd Counselor in the Elders Quorum and I just got called to be the Young Women's Sec. I'm really excited to get to know the girls and work with them. Mike works for Weatherford Wireline in Rock Springs (it's a gas and oil co). He loves his job. He is a field engineer and works out on the rig. His schedule is working 2 weeks on call then a week off. He goes into the shop mon-fri on days on for a few hours, and every few days goes on a job (avg time 24 hours). So sometimes I feel like a single mom, and others I'm so lucky Mikey is home so much. Last week he was gone for a week in New Mexico on some jobs. Its just random.

I was in a Radiology program at SLCC before Mike got the job. I couldn't quit, so I drive in every week. When I found out I was pregnant I got all my clinical hours done, so I just go to school once a week, while Mom watches Linc in Ogden, which we are very grateful for. I only have one semester left (YEAH!) and hopefully will get a job somewhere out here. I wanted to do Ultrasound, but now that we're out here, maybe one day...




1 comments:

Marlene said...

Hey! I just came across your blog. Lincoln is so cute. Like you, I said I would never start a blog, but I did too.
the4neffites.blogspot.com/--check us out too.