Sunday, June 22, 2008

Ft Bridger

First of all I just want to say "Yeah! Mikey is home!" (At least for now:)) He's been gone since last Thursday in North Dakota on a job and helping cover their shop up there. We sure did miss him!! He actually did come home Monday night, as I was getting off work. He came in, showered, packed clean clothes, I got a smooch, and headed out the door on another job. I'm so glad that he likes his job. I'm happy when he's happy. Me and Lincoln had some fun though; it was alright. He got home yesterday (Friday). Yeah! It was actually Mike's days off, but they needed him up there. We were planning on him watching Linc while I worked this week and last. I'm so lucky I have great friends here to watch him last minute! I had to work quite a bit this week. Lincoln has been a trooper. I'm so glad he's not in that Stranger Danger stage yet! He's just whatever!



He's getting to be such a big boy. He can sit up by himself for about 10 sec now. He thinks he's just the cutest thing!


Linc and his Uncle Ty

He's gonna be a soccer player just like his daddy!

And thinks that's just great!

Mommy's little sweetie

I didn't have to work the Saturday before last so me and Linc packed up and spent the day at Ft. Bridger. It's about a 45 min drive. My parents, Ty, and Daniel were there. Anna showed up later. It was a small little thing they were doing at the Ft that weekend. My family does a lot of Civil War reenactments and rendezvous. Me and Linc would have dressed up too, but I didn't even think about it. But we had fun just hangin out and we both got some good sun. It was the longest Linc had been outside so far. I also took Linc into the museum there. Just FYI, don't touch the display manikins! The alarm will sound! Oops!

They are some friends of my fam's. She is 5 years old and is excellent on the fiddle. I thought it was amazing!


Grandpa w/Lincoln

Linc and Uncle Daniel

Grandma and Linc. I felt so out of place with our "normal" clothes.

Anna and Linc


This is my Dad's wagon and tent


Grandpa in his uniform



Aw, so cute:)


When we got home w/Linc's red little cheeks

It was a pretty busy few weeks, but it was fun to hang out w/just me and Linc. He's such a chunk! And he finally rolled over. He did when he was 3 months for a few days, then quit. Now he is rolling from back to front. Which is so funny because he hates to be on his tummy a lot, so when he rolls on it he screams after a bit. I think it's funny because he does it himself, but he looks at you like, Rude!

Mike was gone for Father's Day, but we got to talk to him on the phone and I emailed some pictures. He sure is a wonderful Daddy; we love him so much!

It was great! Last Sunday Toni and Nathan watched Linc all day. They must have had lots of fun, because when I brought him home, this kid was out for more than 3 hours on the couch! He woke up for about an hour, and slept all night. He was exhausted! I just love sleeping babies!!

Bath Time!


Mommy and Lincoln saying Hi to Daddy!

He just can't get enough of his toes.

While Mike was gone I decided to go to my parents for just a couple days. We just hung out and played. I also was in such a crazy mood to shop! It was fun. I also am so so happy! Lincoln has had the same blue used to be soccer ball binky forever. It's the only one he will take. (That's why in almost every picture it's the same one!) Nana (my grandma) got it at a dollar store for my baby shower. So I finally went to one in Utah and found them! It was a feel good moment:) So I bought 3 more soccer ones and 2 baseball ones. We are prepared!

We went to Ty's Posse practice. Lincoln sure did like the horses. He just kept smiling that them when we got close. I grew up w/them, so it's weird that now I'm scared of them. I was so nervous watching little kids riding them everywhere! I haven't let Lincoln on a horse yet w/someone, but I will one day... After that Anna and I went to Golden Spike and played a softball game w/Daniel. They needed 2 extra girls. I was so darn nervous! I haven't played in forever! But it turned out to be way fun. It's making me want to go play again!

It was a fun couple weeks, but I am so happy that Daddy is home!!!

Lincoln didn't like the metal spoon I was using and wouldn't eat, so I fed him w/my finger. It worked.


He's such a darling little boy:)

Grandma w/Linky

Sunday: June 22, 2008 Same suit, just w/out the jacket today. And his new binky; it's so weird that it's not blue!


We sure do love our little man.

8 comments:

Bradley, DeAnna, Donovan, and Chamae said...

He already looks bigger! It looks like he is starting to fill out that suit a little better. What a cute little boy. That is pretty cool that your family does that kind of stuff, it makes for good family together time. I know how you feel when your husband is away, during the fall it seems like Brad is never home! He is always at a game, practice, or on the road. It's hard to be alone with a baby!!

Lara Phister said...

Hola Raquel....I just have to tell you that your a good wife!!! I know it's hard when your hubby is gone forever and you still have to juggle everything. I can't believe how cute Linc is, he must get his looks from my boys:) Do you guys have a place to stay for the 4th? If you need one, your more than welcome to stay here... not much room, but you'll have a bed!

Gary Goodman said...

Thank you so much for doing a blog. Grandpa and I love to look at it. I sure love that little guy. It make me miss him so much. I want to jump on the plane and zoom up but alas can't. I hope we can come up the weekend after the 4th of July. What is Mike's schedule? We would like him to take us fishing if everyone can go you Linc etc. But anyway I need to get up there and see my baby what do you think?

Lindsay Cutler said...

Seriously, raquel...linc is looking more and more like you!! I LOVE the picture he is in the blue striped onesy (right above his cute suit pictures). Holy cow, model baby!!! Where did you get a job?? is it at the hospital up there?? I miss you here!!!! :-(

heidijogoody said...

He really is such a cute little guy and it sounds like he is growing and learning new things. How is his neck doing?

Tosha G said...

He is such a cutie. He already looks bigger.

Scott, Kara, Paul, Brad and Andee said...

Hey Raquel! I found your blog through Cody's. How are you? Your little boy is so cute! I didn't even know you where pregnant, must of happened right before I left. I have a blog too, www.scottkarapaul.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Hey Raquel, this is Marissa, Cody's wife. Lincoln is SO stinking cute, I love his pretty blue eyes. I can't believe he rolled over at 3 months, he is definitely not slow! lol, that comment made me laugh when you wrote that on our blog. Anyway, I am so glad to see you are doing well. I remember telling Cody to ask you questions for me while I was prego and I was sad when you were done with your student hours b/c I didn't have anyone to ask questions! Pretty funny huh?