Thursday, May 21, 2009

Locked Out

So surprise surprise, another crazy busy week! Mike had to go on a job on his days off, poor guy, so he hasn't been getting a break at all. I feel bad for him:( While he was gone I worked 4 days in the past 6, not so fun for Linc. But the good news for me is because of low-census at the hospital they are cutting down some hours in the Radiology dept, so guess who is the first to get less hours, me! Wahoo! Nope, not complaining at all! I love to work extra, but I love even more to work less! At least for the next few weeks I'll just be working about 1 day a week. Darn!
It's super good I'll be home because we've got to get the kid's room ready! It's taken so long! I really want Linc to be in his big boy bed at least a few weeks before his little sis comes. And I'm super excited to see how it will all work out with our awesome bright bright green! No pics yet, I don't want too much judgement yet:)
So last night, crazy! Mike and I both had a bunch going on. We both had to work, then Mike had to coach soccer (the keepers), then had an Elder's quorum act. I got off work (5pm which hardly ever happens!), picked up Linc and got him fed and bathed and took him to my friend Darchell's for a couple hours. Our young womens activity was Highway Clean-up. Yea. I really probably shouldn't have gone. We picked up trash for a mile. I know, not so bad, but it was with this big huge belly in front of me. I know its awful to say, but I did not have the most fun. I was seriously wore out!
Anyways! So I went and picked up Lincoln from Darchell's after. They hadn't watched him before and she said he had so much fun; I'm so glad! So I put him in his carseat and accidentally hit the lock button on the keys, so I threw them on my seat and thought, "Oh I need to unlock that," and just went on strapping him in. Oh yes, I did! I shut the door! I felt awful! I ran back to Darchell's to borrow her phone to call Mike. No answer. So I took her car to run home and get the 3rd set of keys (not one but TWO sets were locked in the car!) Couldn't find them anywhere!
To make a long story short, our poor little man had to sit strapped in his carseat crying half the time for 45 min until the cops could finally get the car opened. It took 3 cops and 3 different things to get it open. At least my car is pretty safe on the whole breaking in thing! And in my panic I ended up calling Mike 7 times before he finally answered. Sorry sweetie! And yes, I'm going to be much better with my keys. When we got home Mike made me put the spare in a safe place and I'm not supposed to take it unless its an emergency. (I'll take any keys I can see when I'm in a hurry.) Mike had no sympathy for me when I did get ahold of him, only for Linc:)
Poor Mikey had to work this weekend and couldn't make it, but Linc and I are in Ogden for Daniel's wedding. I'll take some pics and update when I can.

2 comments:

heidijogoody said...

Oh man. You don't know how many times I have been worried about locking my girls in the car! Glad you finally got them out

Bradley, DeAnna, Donovan, and Chamae said...

I am so bad with keys! Brad gets so frustrated, I am always losing them. Keyless entry has really helped me to not lock the keys in the car :)