Monday, September 13, 2010

Wow, almost a full month!

Time is flying! I am the worst at posting stuff. We've been busy busy as usual! We painted the outside of our house (and it only took a month!) Seriously, our house was half gray and half yellow blotches forever. I'm pretty sure our neighbors hate us. But its finally finished (ish-still some touch ups, oh well) Even our Fed Ex guy told me our house looks way better. Was it a compliment or was our house really that ugly??:)

Before...




Now...



Just had to throw this in... Linc at the time of the "before" pics. Look how little the guy was! Time is flying!

Along the lines of painting, we did Sequoia's room as well. I LOVE it! Its not finished so no pics yet, but I'm so excited. We painted it all in one day (one very very long day). Thanks so much Mikey for doing that, what a darling:) Its so nice to have the kids in their own separate rooms. We no longer hear screams coming from Sequoia when Lincoln decides he wants to sleep with his sister and jumps on her in the middle of the night. And they've been pretty good about splitting up. I think it was time.

I have finally found the perfect park for us! I'm actually excited to take them! This is the 4th time we've been to one this summer now, look at us! Sad I know, but I hope we can make up for it before it gets too cold. This park is perfect for little kids. I still have to follow Sequoia around but I'm just so happy she can play too now!








Our sweet boy:)

On the cold mornings they will go and sit by the heat vent with their blankies and warm up. Just love these kids!

I love my sleepy time pics!! Sequoia did not sleep right through it like Linc did. She woke right up and gave me the grumpiest look. I love it!



We have to read his "Wite-neen Akeen" book at least 3 times a day right now. He even sleeps with it.


Dad and Linky playing

This was Lincoln after Mike and I danced to Mickey Mouse Clubhouse doing our "Hot Dog Dance" He is so funny!! He hates it when we sing or dance around him, weird!

Since January Mike has had maybe a week total of days off including weekends. So he took off 9 days in a row a couple weeks ago. Loved it!! Mike and I went to Wendover for 3 nights (thanks to my very loving mother who got to play with our darling children, and also Tenille for a night!) It was so wonderful to get to spend so much time together, get lots of rest and just hang out. What made it even better was Ty and Rachel drove 13 hours last minute to come hang with us too! What a blast! Us girls spoiled ourselves with massages and the boys had a good time hanging out together. We love you both Ty and Rach and hope we get to see you very soon! Of course no pics, you know Mikey!!:)

We stayed home and worked on the house and also did absolutely nothing and loved it when we got home for the week. It was a good time to get to spend with the kiddos. On Saturday we drove back to Utah and went to Annie and Morgan's for Tragon's baby blessing. That was super fun to get to play games and vegg with the family! Kim and Steve made it up (which was so kind of them to spare some of their time away from the Hatch's...you're so VAIN;) It was good to stay in Annie's cute PERFECT house, thanks for letting us come! We couldn't stay long, we had to hurry our GREEDY little bums home and make some more money! ;) It was so fun to watch all the little cousins play together and see how much each of them are all so different. And again, too lazy to get up and take pictures, of course. Sad now cuz it was really one of the funnest times I've had with the Goodman clan, but I'll just have to make up over Christmas with a bunch more pics!

I watched my friend Jenna's kids for a couple of hours a few days ago. The kids had a blast! The bins are always the favorite. Corbin and Sequoia are only a couple weeks apart. He is a stud! And Haidyn is darling. I'm happy they get along so well.








My clean eater, more than his sister at least!

I go crazy every time this girl eats. This is always the end result. She loves to "style" her hair during dinner.


Good Ol' Wyo... We went on the annual Hayride in McKennon and a dance after for mutual. It was super fun!







We are back home now and trying to get used to normal life again. Mike is still going out on jobs (he is gone now-love you mister!), but not as many so we really can't complain too much. Its pretty much feast or famine when it comes to him and leaving on jobs. We at least get to see him a few days in the week:) Things are pretty good with us. Sequoia wasn't feeling well last week and is trying to cut a big tooth in the back so she has been delightful as can be and NEVER sleeping, but I can live with that. She's way too cute! I think she's also been kind of missing her big brother to sleep by. They are so cute together; they are still just great besties!


She was so funny!!



And this was the crazy boy she was laughing at. Nerds!


Ele-Fant.... Et-e-tent



Yeah! Finally! Elephant! I love listening to him talk!

3 comments:

Adam and Hilary said...

Your home looks great! That is good you and Mike got some alone time. I know I will miss the Ad and Hil time when we have kids. Love ya Raquel!

heidijogoody said...

Yay for a new post! the house looks awesome! I can't wait to see the pictures of Sequoias room.. soon I hope!

Kim said...

You think your funny?? Ha ha you are just greedy with your time with me :)