Thursday, January 20, 2011

Ty's party, playing, tending...

Mike has been home a whole week this month, wahoo! We got to go out on an official date and eat delicious sushi, do some shopping, and yes even on the date, go into Mike's shop and do some more work that needed to be done. (I love you darling!:) It was so wonderful to be with him. And I love that I have so many good young women that are willing to babysit. We got to do a couple "normal" things that families do together for that week and then he had to hurry off to another job in the Cheyenne area. He did get to come home one more time in between jobs for 5 hours to come sleep at our house, go into the shop and prepare, come home for about 3 minutes for some smoochies from Daddy, then head off for North Dakota where he is doing a job right now. We are doing pretty good at home. Of course could be better with my Mikey home, but what do ya do! The kids LOVED seeing him for a bit. They just love their Daddy. And its ok right now because it really seems like time means nothing to them.

It was actually really cute, Mike put Quoi to bed the night he came to sleepover. (After 11pm. Toni and I were watching a movie at her house with kids sleeping when I got the surprise phone call he was coming home!) So the next morning the first thing we hear from her room is, "Daaadyyy.....Daaadyyy.......Daaadyyy.."
So tender! She knew exactly who was home!

Lincoln is doing wonderful at school! When I picked him up this past Wed, his teachers said he was the best that day of all days. They said he is catching on to the routine and getting along really well with other kids. They said if a little kid is being mean or just bugging Lincoln, he just walks away and finds something else to do and just shrugs it off; he is not an aggressive boy. I'm so glad! I'll take super extra energy with a scattered attention boy any day over a mean boy.

These two together never gets old to me:)

Love the get-up Lincoln chose while he played with his fun birthday toys!

We sure love you Bubba!

Linc on his first day of school. He was so happy!!


Quoi on his first day. She actually did way better than I thought she would. It was so nice to get to spend just Mommy and Sissy time:)

Since our last visit to the Pediatrician, we are going outside more often (ish). She said "There is no inappropriate weather, only inappropriate clothing, even in a blizzard children need to be outside." Yeah...I'm not your average outdoors person, so I figured once or twice a week if we aren't running other errands, good enough! I love their Doc though! (She is from the Czech Republic)

One of our very few snow walks this winter. They love it, but its just so cold for me!!

Darling

He loved playing with snowballs and carried one all the way home, and was a bit bummed when it wasn't allowed to come inside with us:(



He loves to ride his bike all over the house

Last Thursday we drove to Grandma Phister's. Ty had a birthday party Friday night so we stayed the night Thursday and came home later Friday night. We had a blast hanging out with the fam.

Ty was throwing snow at the window and they were loving it, esp Koban. He was laughing so hard!


The three munchkins hanging out watching a show

And then Grandma playing peek-a-boo

Grandpa and the twin cousins:)

Our cute girl

And cute Koban!

Ty hitting the pinata.

Koban got a turn!


The twins getting the cake ready. It was so fun to have the whole family (minus Mike and Jon) together for Ty's party. It was a fun night and he had a good time. There were tons of kids there.


Happy Birthday Ty!!

This week as been crazy! We had a new friend of Linc and Quoi's who just moved into town come over and play for a few hours on Monday. It was fun to get to know her and her Mom. Then Tues through Fri we've been watching a little 5 yr old boy. Between Linc's school and Landon's school at different times, going to the library a couple times, and fitting nap times in, its been super crazy. Tonight when Bobbi picked up Landon, she dropped off Merilee's kids for us to watch. Never ending:)

Shilayna just got a part-time job so we're watching Inara random days now. It's been SO nice because she watches our kids while Mike is gone (so always:) on Wed nights for mutual and all the random times I need her. I love it!

Pretty much Lincoln's "nap times" these days... Baby Einstein (I love that he still loves it)

"Nap time" with his favorite animals

She was so funny tonight! I had washed five binkies of hers earlier. While she was on the counter she saw them and needed them ALL. She walked around for about an hour after that with all five. I was impressed.

Quoi is talking so much now, mimicking anything I say. She does not act like an 18 month old. She learns so fast and is such a darling to have around. Although, the past couple weeks she has been getting quite the temper/personality. She seriously punched Lincoln in the face while in the bath tub tonight because he was coming over on her side. Oh my! But she's at least easy to stop her tantrums when they come. Mike started this and I love it. I just say, "Sequoia, do you want to go in a room by yourself??" Immediately she stops screaming and says, "No..." and she's done. Love it! I know it sounds mean but she's total Momma's Girl and hates to be alone. So much better than any time out!


Love you Mike! Hope the job goes well!!

3 comments:

One Happy Heart Family said...

How fun!! I can't beleive that Ty is that OLD!! It was like yesterday he was a little toddler running around, to me at least lol

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your peds advice!! I needed to hear that! I am so scared to take Kylie outside because of the weather, but now I think I will, they do need outside time. So do we I think!! Your kiddos are so so so adorable!! I can't believe how fast they grow up!! I love the binki picture!! Kylie does the same thing. Drives me nuts!! I finally got her to take the walmart ones, that are like 1.50 for two, other than the mams which are like 5 bucks. Need to break her of that soon, how is Linc doing with his speech?? I have noticed Kylie's is getting more and more jumbled :0( Binki related I am sure! I stop her and say "Mommy can't hear you with your binki in, if you want to talk to me you have to take it out!" mean I know!! LOL

heidijogoody said...

Cute fun post! I need to be better at having my kids get out and enjoy some sunlight and fresh air but it gets a little tricky with Carter

Bradley, DeAnna, Donovan, and Chamae said...

I leave outside time to Brad when he gets home. I know she probably needs to be outside sometimes too, but I think it's a little to frigid in the midwest for newborn Chamae to be outside! Maybe I'll take him out during her afternoon nap...I do feel bad keeping him cooped up all day! Your kids are so adorable! I love their blue eyes!