Sunday, December 4, 2011

Thanksgiving in St George

On the day we were planning to leave to St George for Thanksgiving, Mike found out (the very last minute!) that he was able to come with us! Yeah! It was a wonderful trip with him. I read my book, Mike listened to XM radio, and the kids watched shows and slept. We were planning on stopping over night at my parent's house then going the rest of the way in the morning, but when we got to Green River, Mike decided he wanted to just drive all the way. We got there at 2am, but it was so nice to just crash and be there. It seems like we do that every time we go down there. (We did stop by my parents on the way back home and had a super fun time playing BANG, eating yummy food, seeing everyone, and all of us just sitting around playing with our own electronic devices:)

It was fun to get to see everyone all together at Grandma Goodman's house! (Except Scott, he wasn't feeling good:( ) The kids loved being able to spend some time with Grandma and Grandpa and go on a walk with them (Lincoln specifically told me I was not invited) and go play at the park. They had a good time. And they loved being with their cousins too! I'm glad they get along, for the most part. Even with all the yummy Thanksgiving extras we had, I don't think I was happier than eating my Cafe Rio. Which by the way, bummer, they just put one in Rock Springs!! As soon as we move away!

Anyways, we had a great time. The best night was when the boys all went out and had their own little boys night outs, so the girls all went out with Gary for some ice cream while the boys put the kids to bed before they left. Then we sat down and play games. Annie, Rachel, Kimmer, Susan and me. So much fun! :) In the morning I got a great surprise when I woke up and found Mike got me an early Christmas present while he was out with Ty. A new Kindle Fire! I was so excited! I love it!! Thanks Mikey for thinking of me last you were out:)

He loved being up in the tree:)






Glen and Mindy's Tyler had a rodeo out in Hurricane, so we all went out and watched him. It was fun for the kids to get to see all the horses and play on the playground there. It was perfect weather, I'm beginning to miss it:( From the rodeo we went out to the new airport in Hurricane at played with Grandpa's airplane and let the kids see it. (We didn't take it up in the air, maybe when the kids are twenty:)









So cute! Lincoln, Kashlyn, and Damon



Grandma and Grandpa took Lincoln out to get an early birthday present since we probably wont see them on the actual day. He was so excited when he walked in with cake and all! Grandma said he was just too excited she couldn't say no. He was so happy:)


Everyone else was happy too, because we all got cake. Happy birthday a month early Linc!



I love these two:) I hope they will be good friends when they are older.


They got some cute sunglasses at Kid to Kid (where I scored a Cozy Coupe Car for $13!!)



"That's enough smiling..."


These two girls are so cute. Sequoia has a super high voice, Harlee has a low "raspy" voice. I love the difference and they are both so cute. I tried to get a video of them, but they were playing with the rocks at their feet so you couldn't hear a thing! Bummer, but they are still cute:)

Daddy had fun playing with these two and got some pictures:)

I'm so sad Lincoln's long hair is gone. I just cut it a few days ago. I really wanted to grow it out for winter, but it was getting hard to do it everyday. Actually, it was funny... When Mike came home that day after we cut it, Lincoln jumped out at him with his arms and legs spread out and yelled, "Look what happened to me Dad!" We laughed:)

We are beginning to get settled into life and doing good with day to day things. I do wish we were home more than we are, but I can't have everything I can?:) I take Linc to school 4 days a week, about a 17 min away. I just found a friend to do carpooling a least once a week, so it will help a bunch I hope! (I'm a home body!!) We love to go to the library about once a week and trade everything out and get new ones. I'm so happy the kids are loving to read! I am currently on The Hunger Game series and beginning the 3rd and final one. It's been nice to have a different hobby other than cleaning the house all day. Quoi loves to go to the mall and play at their little play area there. And now we are excited to go to the Science Zone too!

Mike is still hit or miss with doing jobs out of town. One week he is home, the next gone for a few days. We love having him around! He was just called into Cub Scouts. I hope he will like it when he can at least make it! Today Mike was actually planning on going out on a job and was all packed up to leave, so me and the kids went to stake conference without him. I was a bit sad to have to come home alone, but then when we walked in he was home, the job had cancelled!, and the ENTIRE house was clean!! Oh how I love that man! I'm still smiling:)

1 comments:

heidijogoody said...

It looks like you guys had a great Thanksgiving. We should have all tried to get together. We were in St. George too