Monday, April 16, 2012

Happy Easter!

Happy Easter! Wow, there's been a lot going on since our little family vacation. Let's see... Ty came home with us while we were in St George and stayed for almost 2 weeks. It was fun to have company in the house, we hardly ever do now that we live so far away now. Ty and Mike finished the bathroom downstairs!! It was a lot of hard work on their part, esp Ty working on it all day, but it was definitely worth it! It is so pretty now! I'll have to round up some beginning pictures before I post the finished project. I just love it and wish it was mine in my bedroom. And it made me very grateful to have bought our house as it is and not build one. All the choices to make with one bathroom, I couldn't imagine a whole house! 
The last weekend Ty was here, Rachel got some time off work and drove out to visit us too. It was the first time she'd been able to come out here to Casper. It was so fun to have them both here in our home. Rachel and I got to watch girly shows the boys wouldn't have wanted to watch. (One Day, Footloose, and Sunday's at Tiffany's) She helped out with the bathroom and painted it all. And I LOVE the paint she picked out! Thanks so much for all you two did:)
The past couple weeks have pretty much been catch up on cleaning the disaster of a house (esp the basement) after they did the bathroom. They had to drill a hole in the cement and dust covered absolutely everything. Bummer. We've just been getting back into a regular schedule and I'm hoping to soon get some much needed spring cleaning done.
The kids had such a fun time dying Easter eggs. It was especially fun to have Daddy with us!



They both love their Daddy so much:)

Quoi loved the stickers on the eggs the best.





We had so much trash on the side of our house (disgusting), in the garage, and tumbleweeds everywhere, so Mike and two friends got together and piled it in a dump trailer and took it off to the dump. I was so grateful. But I did feel guilty it took 4 hours to do it so we invited the guys and their families over for dinner that night. I had a lot of fun. And randomly I decided to do an Easter egg hunt since it was Easter the following day. The kids had a great time!
My friend Stacy, her husband Jason, and their little girl Haylie.
Betsy just moved into the ward and I love her already. I'm so happy they came over and we got to get to know them better.


He found the least amount of eggs and was probably the happiest:)


Our little twinners. Sequoia still loves to dress into Lincoln's clothes. I'm not sure if they are just easier to take on and off or what, but she loves to dress like her big brother. I just smile:) Her favorite color is blue, but I have noticed that since she has been playing with a family of 4 little girls lately, she is liking pink and baby dolls more and more. Yeah!
Oh, and she loves PEAS! They are her candy.



Our first park visit of the season! I'm getting pretty excited for Spring & Summer!!

The closet downstairs is another project we've been working on the past few months. (Yes it takes us that long to finish a project. Oh wait, its still not finished.) It just had some cans of paint in this little area when we first moved in. It pretty much just stayed "the paint closet." But now I'd really like this to be a food storage area and so we got to work.

Before:



After:




Mike, and slightly some help from me, got the room sheetrocked, and puttied. And then it sat there a few weeks. Enter Ty! He finished it way better than we had planned on doing it. He sanded and painted it, and then they layed lanolinum down. It is a beauitful closet and I love it! Thanks Ty! Now all we need to do is put in some shelves and we can actually start storing things. But I'm sure that will be another couple months with the way we roll:) 

1 comments:

heidijogoody said...

Your kids seem like such good budies. Looks like a great Easter