Monday, September 10, 2012

First Day of School, Fishing, Tile, Painting

As always, so much going on, not enough time to write it down!!  We've been doing so much around the house, updating and getting ready for our little girl!  I had some amazing friends come over and PAINT!!  They painted both Lincoln and Sequoia's room!  It was wonderful.  Mike doesn't like me to paint while I'm pregnant, so they volunteered and came right over.  (Ale, Beth and Nicole) I'll do some before and after pictures soon.  I just need to finish a couple more things in the room.  We painted them a light gray, of course.  But I'm so excited to see how it will look with all the colorful things we have for the walls!  I just need to organize my time better and do it!! 

We also just did TILE everywhere!  Mike went out of town to go play with his friends for a weekend, and brought Nate home with him.  We were originally only going to do the entryway, but we found the perfect tile for super cheap, so we did all 3 bathrooms, kitchen, and entryway!  I love it. And yes, the tile is gray:)  I'll take some pictures of that asap as well.  When life slows down and I get my house a bit more organized and livable!  (The house is super upside-down right now because Nate finished doing the tile the day before we left for Yellowstone, so furniture and crap were scattered everywhere!)

I got something in the mail and it came with Styrofoam. While I was taking a shower, Quoi came into my room and was so happily said, "Mom!  We made SNOW in my room!"  Ugh. I knew exactly what is was going to be.  But, the damage was already done.  Oh well.


I'm still cleaning out the vacuum and have tiny little balls EVERYWHERE weeks later.

They found Daddy's jeans.  They crack me up.


Sorry Baby Auri, this might be the first picture I have of you in my belly.  I never remember to take pictures of me.

While Nate was in town, him and Mike went out fishing over night.  Mike brought home six big fish.  They were DELICIOUS!!!  Thanks for making me dinner:)

The kids first day of school!! 

 They were so excited!!  I'm so happy they get to go to the same school at the same time. It is so nice.  At first I was thinking Sequoia is too young to be going 4 days a week, but she loves it and is doing so good. Sequoia is in the Ladybug room, Lincoln is in the Butterfly room.  And what makes it super nice is that Linc has the same teachers from last year!  I love it!  It even worked out that they have the same recess time!  So they still get to play together for just a bit.

I'm loving them in school.  I miss them like crazy, and its super weird to not have them with me at all times, but I've been able to get some things done (like this blog right now;) and be alone just long enough that is is perfect.  One of my favorite things about school, is my friend takes the kids to school in the morning, and I pick up all the kids at 11:15am.  She has twins, and one is in Quoi's class, so it has been wonderful.  I get two more months of quiet time and getting prepared for this little munchkin in my belly.

He invented a new game:) 
During painting time, they got to sleep pretty much anywhere they dropped.  In the hall, down stairs on the hide-a-bed, in the living room upstairs...

I know its blurry, but they were so cute!  We just finished watching Enchanted.  At the end of the movie the family dances around the house.  Linc jumped up and asked Sequoia to dance with him.  They did for a while.  It was precious:)

Here is a sneak peek at the tile we did! 

The weekend before school started, we let the kids have a "camp-out" together in Quoi's room.  

Waiting in the morning for Jen to pick up the kids.

Oh and one thing about this little girl.  We have struck a deal.  I get to help her choose the clothes she wears to school every day. Then when she comes home, she is welcome to change into whatever she wants to.  She will walk into the door and RUN to Lincoln's room to change!  She still says she's a boy, and wants to wear his clothes all the time.  So as long as I can doll her up all cute for school, then whatever.

I love my craft room!  While I'm in there doing something, the kids can paint, color, whatever.  All the while making the concrete floor that much prettier:) 


I found this video while going through pictures. We were on our way back from our most recent trip in Utah.
Lincoln was SO excited to see his Daddy!! 

0 comments: