Sunday, January 6, 2013

Happy Birthday, Lincoln!!

Our Big 5 Year Old!!
Oh my how we love this sweet boy!  Every day is so much better with Lincoln in it.  He is happy, fun, sweet, crazy and energetic all in one. Happy Birthday!!



On his birthday, he got cards from both his grandmas. They both sent some birthday money so we went to the store and took the money. I told him he could buy whatever he wanted with it. We went up and down every aisle, some a few times. In the end, he told me he wanted to buy one thing for $1, then save the rest to buy Skylander Giants.  (Background: he saw this video game in a magazine one day and has been talking about it ever since.  It is $75 to buy a starter kit. We told him it was too much to get for Christmas, so he said he'd save his money, constantly asking if every quarter he got was enough.) I was impressed and surprised when he said he wanted to save his money. What a cool kid.  So when we got home, Mike sat down with him and they made a money chart. He is now working for us to earn quarters to go toward his video game. We'll see how long it takes. What a cool 5 year old. We love you Bubba:)

We spent his birthday at The Science Zone, McDonalds, Walmart, and playing games as a family. He had a great day and was super happy. Then Saturday he had a huge birthday party. We cleaned and cleaned all morning. 

(By the way, while I was vacuuming downstairs I noticed some of the wood floor warped! It was about a 10x10 section all damaged from water. Big bummer!  Mike ripped it up and we are still in the process of looking for the source. My first thought was oh no!! But right after I hoped it was super bad and we had to get carpet. Darn! ;) I hate the floor downstairs!! Hopefully we'll know soon what's going on.)

By the time all the kids arrived for the party, there were 17!! It was a ZOO! But so much fun for Lincoln.  We let them play downstairs for a bit, then decorate their own cupcakes, sing and cut the cake, eat ice cream, play "pin the Spiderman on the bad guy," open gifts, then pinata.  It was fun!

I made him a Batman cake, he thought of the design for it.  Clever boy!!

He was so happy!








Sorry they are all terrible pictures!!  I took them all with my phone. Bummer. But it gives an idea of how crazy and fun it was:) Mike and I decided maybe three more years for another birthday party. I definitely can't do that every year for each kid!

2 comments:

heidijogoody said...

What a cute boy, looks like a great party

Stephanie Dirks said...

We do parties for them at 4, 8, 12, &16. That way, they know when they get a party so they don't ask. That way, they are also big milestone years, so it makes it that much more special. Happy Birthday, Lincoln. Wish we were there to celebrate with ya!