Sunday, February 10, 2013

Me and Mikey

Oh my life is going so fast!  We have been so busy.  I'm so sad I never take the time to sit down and write everything we are doing.  I'm going to try harder (and yes I say that a lot!) I always write down things about the kids, but hardly ever about Mike and I, so here we go...
 
Mike:  He is always on the go these days.  It is so nice that he is home more often now with work.  He works from the office most of the time now, and is home for lunch and dinner almost every day.  He does occasionally go to Denver for meetings and trainings, and once a month he does a field audit and is usually gone overnight (he just got home from one).  So now that he is home more, he has more time for church callings!  He's the young men's president and there always seems to be something going on. Activities, camping, meetings before and after church, trainings, meetings for missionary prep, dances...  Sometimes I go with him to things and its been fun.  He comes to baptisms with me, we have friends and new people in our ward over often (try to).  He watches the kids and puts them to bed while I'm out doing stuff. With new little baby in the house, Mike has helped out so much with household chores.  Sometimes even more than me!  Thanks sweetie, I love you:)

Mike got his hunter safety since we moved here to Casper and has been wanting to go shooting with some friends.  (He did before, but now its legal:)  Hopefully he'll be able to find the time soon.  He also plays a game on Xbox Live with his brother in Seattle every now and then.  Sometimes three times a week, sometimes a couple a month.
 
Raquel: I am a Mother.  That explains 85% of my craziness. The last couple days it seems that when Aurora isn't sleeping or eating, she's crying. Its been hard to keep up with the house and trying to comfort her. She's a handful, but I love her so:) Since she was born I feel like I'm just getting back into normal life and somewhat of a routine and actually keeping the house clean at least one day of the week now.  I'm still the 2nd Counsellor in the Relief Society. I love it so much.  I love getting to serve other sisters, make meals for families, go visiting less active and new sisters, dropping by sister's houses to say hello... I'm over birthdays and every month we go to each house and wish them a happy birthday.  I try to do it on their birthday, but 1/2 the people I don't even know on our list so about once or twice a month me and Kuulei go out together and do it.  It's been my favorite thing I do, I love meeting and visiting people.  I'm over the activities, and we just started having one every month now so its been pretty crazy and fun.  We just got together Tuesday and made rag quilts.  Since I've made like 8 of those now, I got to show everyone how to make them.  It was a lot of fun.  Throw in teaching, meetings,  conducting, I love my calling:)

I got my piano a little over a year now, yeah!  All last year I tried teaching myself to play (from absolutely nothing). I finished a book and got as far as I could go.  So now my friend Teri (just 2 streets down) is teaching me.  I love it! I do like having a teacher now because she makes me accountable to actually have to practice.  I'm finding that I LOVE playing and it's becoming a "time out" for me.  My goal is to at least learn how to play from the modified hymns book. 

Us: For about 6 weeks now, Mike and I have been having a somewhat contest with losing weight.  We both have a goal of 10 lbs.  Its actually been harder than I thought it would be.  Maybe because of my obsession with apple pie?? I was eating it daily and averaging making a homemade pie twice a week.  (Eating half the pie as soon as it came out of the oven, I'm telling ya, obsessed!!!)  So... tomorrow will have been 2 weeks that I've taken a break from apple pie.  And what do ya know, I've lost 5 lbs!  Another goal is to try to workout better.  I'm stuck in the 90's and do Abs of Steel and Taebo, love them.  And jog/walk on the treadmill.  I'm not so good with consistancy and motivation. Let's just hope I can lose that extra five!! Mike is going to get a membership a the rec center here and go to their gym.

We used to go out on dates way more often until the baby came. "Kids ruin everything." We did take her to one movie, she was fantastic.  We'll have to attempt it again soon.  I love my dates with my sweetie:) And some delicious sushi!

Now quick on kids: A couple weeks ago somebody was coming over to our house and I was trying to hurry and get the house picked up (of course).  I told Sequoia to pick up the pillows on the floor and put them back on the couch.  As she did she said, "Yeah Mom, we want them to think they've been there the whole time..."  What?! Of course that's the point, but how does a 3 yr old catch on to that? She never ceases to amaze me.

Lincoln today at the dinner table said, "Mom, what does "son of a b" mean??" Hmm... looks like I need to think of some better sayings.

Auri is so cute with her new little sounds and babbling.  I love each and every step of children! 


0 comments: