Saturday, May 11, 2013

My Favorite Date

 It's been fun to have Mike home the last couple weeks. He is getting things ready for the store and is slowly gone more often working. They are hoping for August to open, so I'm sure they'll be pretty busy from here on out. I'm getting so excited to have all the crafts I want at my finger tips!!
 
We've all been going to the park a bunch. It's been great to meet at the park together, then Mike and I trade off running. We also went running together after the kids went to bed (perks of living with parents!!) I hope we do it often!
 
Hanging out at the park. She loves laying out in the sun, even on the grass. She just lays there and doesn't move. I'm glad she likes to be outside!
 We got a kid's cookbook at the library and tried a couple of the recipes. Rolled Sugar Cookies and these delicious Sunshine Eggs. They gobbled them up, I was surprised!
 Grandma Great lives next door. She is a wonderful neighbor. She just loves the kids and is fun to chat with. She is also my new piano teacher! I've learned so much from her already. (I got to bring my own piano here too, Mike didn't want it in the hot storage.) Grandma Great loves babies. I was impressed she held Auri as long as she did. Auri is almost as big as her!
Last Saturday after the kids were in bed, Mike and I drove out past Santa Clara up in the mountains. We found a great spot to park and watch a movie in the back of the van. He took out the middle seats. It was one of my favorite dates ever. We watched Life of Pi, a perfect movie to watch out in the middle of nowhere. I loved spending time with my sweetie. And best of all, it cost $4! And it got my van cleaned. :)
 Just yesterday we got to see Grandpa Phister! We picked up a fork lift for Mike and drove it down then turned around and drove all the way back the same day. We are so grateful.
Oh craziness getting a fork lift off a flat bed trailer. It was drama and took about an hour and a half, but in the end, it was a success. How many men, fork lifts, and trucks does it take to get a fork lift off a trailer?? ;)  We went out to eat with Grandpa after it was all taken care then he took off. Thanks for hanging out with us for just a bit Grandpa, we love you:)

2 comments:

Stephanie Dirks said...

I love your catch up posts. How fun to read all that's been going on. August? I can't wait. Send me pics and I'll buy those crafts!! Aurora is such a doll. Literally. Perfect skin and BLUE eyes! Beauty!! Randy and I did a date night like that one Valentine's day. It's one of my favorite memories, too! Hope to see you soon!!

heidijogoody said...

Sounds like you guys are getting some good quality time in together