Monday, August 18, 2014

Sequoia's First Day of School!

 I love my little Skylander (Swapforce) and Frozen (Olaf) munchkins!!
 She is already super small for her age! I was so nervous, but Mike reminded me she is a tough little girl. She will be just fine:) 

Ok ok, I got a little teary eyed watching my baby girl get on the big kid bus for the very first time today. I'm so grateful she has a big brother to help her. And he was so happy to be there with her. I love them so much! I was planning on taking her to school for her very first day, but she really wanted to ride the bus! I probably should have been an even better mom and drove the bus to the school, helped her get to her class, snap some pictures... Nope, didn't even think about it till my friend told me she did. Awesome Mom right here. I was so excited to have one child for a few hours! (Granted that one child is harder than three at once! She is better when they are around to play with her.) But we survived! 

My friend, Candice, has a boy Elijah and they just live down the street. It was so wonderful Sequoia and Elijah had each other to be with on the bus ride home. I love it! So Candice and I planned to do swapsies taking and getting them from the bus stop. I'll take them in the morning and she'll get them at noon. Sweet! I'm so excited to not have to leave right before lunch. It can even be ready for Quoi when she gets home and she's starving. So happy! 

Lincoln's first day of 1st Grade!
 He is an awsome kid! I'm already missing him not home all day with me. But he loves school! I'm so glad!
 Love his thumbs up!! 
(And yes, yes that is the same shirt Quoi has on for the next week on her first day of school. I'm super lame and bought her seriously TWO new shirts for school. Her Frozen shirt (which technically Grandma Phister bought) and the school shirt they'll wear every Friday. I'm not kidding, her shirts I bought a year ago are in perfect condition, some never even worn. She only wore boy clothes this summer, so she didn't get anything new till she wears what she has. She didn't care one bit:)
 Luke and Lincoln
Luke lives down the street. They are cute together. I'm sad they're not in the same class (Lincoln is in the blue class, Luke in yellow) But they still get to ride the bus and play at recess together.

Lincoln is doing great in 1st grade. He was so nervous on his first day! He told me the night before that he was a little scared for 1st grade and would miss me. Awe! I have a darling boy:)  And he was a champ! He's even been eating school lunch! I'm so happy with him. I think on Wed I'll make him a sack lunch because it's potatoes every Wed and he absolutely hates them, so I'll be a good Mommy and send a lunch at least once a week. Good enough! I think it's good for him to get a variety of foods every day at school. Minus Daddy, we are picky eaters in our household! 

Now that school has started again, I'm getting so excited to get back on a schedule and organize every aspect of my life. It has been a very chaotic year and I'm ready for STRUCTURE. Mike took his day off last Wednesday and we had a wonderful day, just us and the girls. Although we sure did miss Linc! We ran some errands, took the girls while the mechanic was finishing up with the van (And ps they found the problem! We were having so many issues with it the last few months. It would just die on me, randomly, and would completely shut down. After hundreds of dollars spent on a new computer program, weeks without it, and question after question, they finally figured it out. They had shut off the radio system (concluding that that was what was wrong) for about a month (so I had no radio, music, dvds, clock, nothing!). So we took it back in so they could take the whole system out with plans to replace it, and what do they find??  TONS OF COINS!! The kids a couple years ago had used the cd slot for a coin machine. There were a bunch of quarters, dimes, nickels, and pennies. Hahaha! We had to laugh! Those little stinkers! This has been the mysterious, annoying mystery for some time now. Children are so dang cute sometimes;)  I know our mechanic felt so bad a while ago when we paid for a brand new computer system for the van and then it still wasn't the problem, so when he didn't charge us for checking with the radio and all this going on lately, Mike gave the coins to him for his tip:) I'm so happy, I feel like I have a brand new van because I can see what time it is, listen to beautiful music once again, and the kids can leave me alone and watch a show! Woot woot!



 Daddy is so patient. He was teaching Sequoia how to pump. I'm good with the daily to do's, he's good with the teaching skills:)
 She is fearless:)

We came home to put the baby down for a nap and Mike stayed with the girls so I could go help one of the sisters I visit teach clean her house she is moving out of. I was only gone for two hours, but I was so grateful Mike stayed home so I could go help without children running around crazy. Then when Linc got home and we ate dinner, Mike wanted to take the kids to another park and go play! It was fun to have so much family time. And the Pine View park we went to was awesome. I want to go back soon and take my sweet recumbent bike and ride around. Then we came home, put the kids to bed, and Mike once again let me leave to go to the store for employee craft night, always my favorite crafting time! I finished my ladder already because I was too excited, so I helped finish up some store displays we needed done. It was such a wonderful day all together. I love being with my cutie:) 




I finished my FALL ladder kit! I love crafting! (and love that the store is literally down the street!)

2 comments:

Stephanie Dirks said...

Love this post! I love structure, too. I love the ladder set! Sequoia is just getting too big...school??? Not possible! Man, school is a blessing and a curse! Love ya!!

heidijogoody said...

Glad your kids are doing well in school. Such little cuties