Sunday, August 31, 2014

The Cause of my Future Heart Attack

Dear Future Aurora,

I hope you know how much I love you. I love that you chose to come to Earth and that you are in our family. We were so boring without you and I didn't even know it. Girlfriend. You were a handful. I'm so sorry that there aren't as many pictures and details of you as a baby. It's because I don't have time to stop and write it down. I'm chasing you, tickling you, spanking you (yes ma'am), sending you to your room, smooching you, watching you dance and play,  and chasing you down the street because now you can escape through the back door. It is never a dull moment in our household. The house is almost always a mess because I will begin something and then have to run after you because you're getting into something. You like to smack me in the face every time I pick you up and you don't want to be held. You bite Sequoia (and sometimes Lincoln too) almost every day for something she didn't do, or just slap her in the face while she's laying there. You don't really take naps anymore, because if you do, you're awake till 10pm. It's a win/lose, lose/win situation. I can't nap or rest with you in the house and not contained. You like to open my eyelids and get very frustrated and nervous if I lay down to rest for 10 seconds. Baby girl, I know you love me. You show me every single day and I love you for that.

What's even harder, you are one smart little stinker! Seriously. You just turned two and can go potty all by yourself (you just need to perfect it and do it regular, stubborn!), wash your own hands, get your own drink of water from the fridge, climb in the van and start to buckle yourself, you only like to "read" your own book by yourself, you're most famous saying is, "No, I do it MINEself!" You are an amazing climber, can do puzzles, love to vacuum, can speak very well, you are doing well learning your colors, and can open just about every single door (heavy or not) all by YOURself. You are an amazing child. You will do wonders. You are very determined, strong-willed and independent. You are intelligent. Use your experiences you've learned for the better. I know you will be my best friend when you're 30. Let's hang in there! ;)

I've been told from almost everyone who knows you that you are an angel and such a fantastic and sweet little girl. Even your precious Daddy. One day I'd like to meet and spend time with her...

Love, 
Your Unconditionally Loving & Exhausted Mother

 (Yes, that's Vaseline all over her face and hands!)

Just canning some peaches (first time canning, woot woot!) with Grandma and Annie. We were having a great old time chatting, kids playing outside in the beautiful weather. 
Then I looked out the window and what did I see...?
Auri's nakey bum looking back at me.
SERIOUSLY, never a dull moment with this one!
But dang she is a sweet and precious thing too. This probably lasted a whole 1 minute before she ran off to do something wild. I wouldn't even be surprised if she reached back and pulled Quoi's hair out as soon as I snapped these pictures.
She sure does love her Grandma and Grandpa time!!

0 comments: