Sunday, May 10, 2015

Happy Mother's Day!

Mike was in Casper on Mother's Day, so the kids took good care of me. They informed me to stay in bed and not come out. So I tried to soak up every awesome moment I could in bed. (And did my best to not jump out of bed and coming running to see what they were doing with Auri in the kitchen as well, but I restrained myself.) They brought me breakfast in bed. Love these kids! Almost cooked oatmeal, loaded with brown sugar, milk with ice (my favorite!) on a beautiful cutting board. Yum. 

Then they informed me they made there own frosting for the cake they were going to bake later. They got the cook book out and followed the directions all by themselves. We must be doing something right (even though it's still kind of hard to turn control over to them in the kitchen). 

We invited Nicole and her daughters over for a Mother's Day dinner. Linguini and Shrimp Scampi. It was delicious and I was so happy to spend the day with Nicole! I just love her and I'm so happy she my sister-in-law. We chatted and chatted all night.

I helped the kids finish the cake and Lincoln poured out the frosting on the hot cake so it was just like a Molten Chocolate Cake. My favorite! He also put on his robot costume for us. The kid is so creative and always "inventing" something.




0 comments: