Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Sad Goodbyes to Dear Friends & Lagoon!

 Awe! My friend Amy (middle) moved up north. Shelley and I were so sad to see her go. We loved our girls craft and movie nights. I guess me and Shelley will have to do it ourselves. Shelley and I were roommates in college and have been good friends ever since. We currently live 3 blocks away from each other. Still not in the same ward or school, but I still love it. And we serve in the same calling in our wards (2nd Counselor in the RS so we help each other). I met Amy when both our kids were going to Coral Cliffs Preschool. She had no choice but to be my friend whether she wanted to or not. Her and her husband moved here about the same time we did and bought Candy Blitz. Loved the "owning your own business" stress we got to share. I will miss you Amy!

 And even sadder... Steve and Nicole are getting a divorce. I'm devastated. We were together almost every day for the past month. She came down here and left her whole life and belongings behind. No friends, family, just her little girls. We became close friends and shared a quick bond. I will love that girl forever. (Technically in the eternity scale, we are still sealed together as a family!) I don't know why, but Steve just decided he'd made a mistake after he married her. Sheesh. What's super crazy about the whole thing is that they went on their first date after Mike left to work for 6 months in Casper. They dated, were engaged, and married before he was even officially back home. Crazy. 

So Mike's first weekend living back home from Casper, we helped Nicole load up all her stuff in the truck and trailer and moved her home to West Point. I had a hard time driving up and not crying every time I thought about it. It was especially hard and embarrassing dropping off her stuff to her parents and family. I couldn't stop the tears. I love that girl so much and hope she will be so happy soon. She deserves the best. 

~Saying Goodbye
My kids grew very close to her darling kids.
Brooklyn and Taylee


 ~While Nicole lived down here, we played Canasta as sisters once a week. It was a special time we had chatting, bonding and telling all kinds of fun stories with each other. This was our last night together as sisters. They came over and we ate yummy food, chatted and played, oh and cried. Lots and lots of crying.
On our way to drop off the trailer with Nicole's stuff.

We got to spend some fun days with my family while we were up there! The kids LOVE to go to Grandma's house. We got to see Anna's cute belly with Hallee inside, play with Hazel, Max, Charlee and Koban, and have fun chatting. We even took the time and went to visit Max and Lawauna Rhead. They my next door neighbors growing up and like grandparents to me. I also received my patriarchal blessing from him. He is 96. When we showed up, of course he was out in the backyard with a hoe weeding the garden. That's how he's made it this long! I was so happy to get some hugs from them and have my kids meet them. Mike came with us, he's the one who took the picture:)

 
 

Face Time with Kiki:)

My mother is wonderful. She watched the kids for TWO nights while Mike and I went on an extended date. We didn't go far. We stayed at the Ben Lomond Hotel downtown, we even stayed in the "haunted" top floor suites. We didn't read about them till we left, I'm sure I would have been paranoid the whole time! I had been wanting to go to Lagoon for YEARS! So Mike took me there on our date. It was so much fun, just the two of us. Nobody to wait for, no "I have to go potty!" a ton of times, just me and my sweetheart. I loved it! The next day we walked in the rain to go see Tomorrowland and eat some delicious sushi. We stopped and got some Kneaders breakfast before going home to pick up the kids and go home. It was the perfect date for two days.



 And now random pictures back home...

0 comments: