Saturday, July 26, 2008

Playing

First of all... Congratulations to Scott and Christine! They are engaged! I'm so so so darn excited to get another sister! And she is such a sweet girl! I couldn't have picked a better girl for him! The date is November 7. (And it's a plus, we get to go to St G again before Christmas!) We just can't be happier for them!! :)

And Lincoln too!!! ;-)

It's been such a great week. Mike had to go into the shop Monday morning, but other than that he's been home since last Friday, yea!! We've had so much fun with him. I had to work a bunch last weekend so Mikey got to play with Lincoln a lot. So this week me and Linc are trying to let Mike go play as much as he can so he can get a little break before going back to work.

My parents got us a grill for a graduation gift. I love it! So we've been eating more meat lately. Finally! I'm not the best cook, so Mike hardly ever gets protein. I'm trying to do better. For "home teaching" we had my friend Toni, her brother, and little Grant over for hamburgers. I had to go visiting teaching in between, but later we all went to the ten pm show. Nathan, her husband, got to make it too! (With both Mike's and Nathan's schedule, we hardly ever get to hang out all together at once.) We saw The Dark Knight. So good! I was impressed! Man I was so tired the next morning though! I had to work at 7am, but it was definitely worth it.

I finally got out the highchair. We'd been using the little green chair we have, but it's time for the big one. Linc looks tiny in it! And thank you so much to the girls at IMC hospital for getting it for us! Especially LaRee!

Mike has been out shooting, fishing, whatever he can do while he's off. It's been good for him. So Thursday Linc and I went to Utah to pick up some steaks at Sizzler. Tenille is the GM there and we got a great deal. Thank you so much! We hung out there for a while and chatted, then went over the Tyson and Danielle's for bit to see them and little Cade. He is getting so big! He's only 2 months younger than Linc. I'm so happy Linc is going to have a friend to play with! It was good to see them.

Aunt Tenille with Linc. K and he could so be her little boy! Everyone there thought so. I think it's crazy! (Sorry bout the cut-off! My camera is lame, but it still gets the job done, whatever.)

I can't believe how fast Cade grew! He was so so small last time I saw him. He's almost caught up to Linc.

Lincoln loves babies! He was just laughing and giggling when he saw Cade. We set them down by each other and Linc attacked!!


We stayed the night at my parents house that night. They are at the Indian Wars this week, but the twins were there. It's been fun. You can never go to Utah without eating at Costa Vida or Cafe Rio (same thing basically). So me, Linc and the twins went to CV (my fav of the two!) and it was delicious! We just sat around and chatted all day back at the house; it was pretty fun to get to spend time with them. Anna played with Linc while I laid out in the beautiful sun, then brought him out so he could play in water a bit. My little brother Ty (he's 13) just bought himself a huge pool, I love it!

Mike went camping that Thursday night with his friends and pulled an all nighter fishing. He came home, slept for a while, then went out again shooting this time. I'm so glad he has friends he can go out and play with all the time. When Mikey is happy, I'm happy:) I love it here in Green River and love all the friends we have made. I wouldn't mind raising our kids here in this sleepy little town.


Aunt Kimi and Linc

Aunt Anna and Linc

Silly Linky! Just loves to eat those piggies!

Anna and Linc

Mommy and Linc playing in the pool...




Lincoln is getting so fun! I'm liking this stage much more. He can finally sit up without any help for a long time. I love it because it keeps him entertained for a while. Yea! It's so funny; he rolls around all over the place and when comes to something like the wall or his highchair or whatever, he keeps trying to roll into it. He gets so frustrated! He comes away with battle scars. It's just so funny that he doesn't think to roll the other way yet. When Toni came over she was like "What did you do to him!?" He's so silly!

He hates his vegies! I've tried all of them now, nope! Especially not sweet potatoes! I make him eat them, but he's not a fan. No fruit until you like vegies, sorry Lincoln! And I know he doesn't know what he's saying, but he says "Da da, da da, da da..." all the time now. It's so darn cute!


One of many "battle scars;" he'll learn:)

We are loving being Lincoln's Daddy and Mommy:)

10 comments:

ThE fRoNkS!... said...

Oh my heck! I am so excited that you found me! Your little guy is so freakin cute. I'm excited to keep in touch.

Scott, Kara, Paul, Brad and Andee said...

He is so cute! It looks like you guys have so much fun with him. I'm not the biggest fan of meat, so I give you props to cook it!

Kim said...

You've probably heard this and maybe decided against it, but I thought I'd throw it out there. With Kashlynn we would mix the fruit and veggies half and half so she would get both and actually eat vegetables. I don't keep up on what comments you've had from other people, so if you've already had this one, then forget it.

Tosha G said...

so cute. He's getting so big. Tell scott and christine congrats. maybe we'll c-ya in nov.

Deirdra said...

He is so cute! And enjoy St. George when you get to go down. Oh how I wish I could join you. I love that place, mostly just seeing my family.

Heidi said...

Hey.. Im not sure how I found you, but I had to click on the link cause there are no many Raquels out there... I didn't know you had a baby, so congrats! We need to keep in touch.. What are you guys up to and where are you living? Our blog is private so send me your email and I will get ya added.. heidijohadley@yahoo.com
Talk to ya soon!!

Alicia and Jake said...

Hey.. How the heck are ya! This is alicia from high school! I cant believe i found u on here it has been 4ever since i seen or talked to you! Your lil guy is way cute congrats! Visit us and let me know hw you are www.jakeandalicia.blogspot.com

Chris and Lesa said...

hey raquel! thanks for commenting on our blog. Lincoln in so cute! I cant believe he is so old because i remember just barely hearing you were pregnant :)! I loved reading your blog... so many good pictures!
LEsa

Unknown said...

Hey Raquel! Your little Lincoln is so stinkin cute! He has some handsome blue eyes. I am so glad you like living away from family b/c I am really nervous about it! Cody says hi!

heidijogoody said...

I hate to tell you but those battle wounds dont get any better as they get bigger because when they start to walk and run they tend to run into lots of things and get all bruised up. Linc is still so dang cute and he is just growing every time I see pictures of him.