Saturday, October 11, 2008

Raquel the Grouch (move over Oscar!)


It's been a great week and a grouchy grumpy week, it just depends on the hour:) I know you have to love life and enjoy every minute possible, but I'll be honest, sometimes it's not that easy. Mike and I keep finding ourselves saying, "As soon as this is over, then we can relax..." I'm so excited to soon go back to part-time, but I need to be happy now, so they say...



He is one silly kid. The toilet paper is now a big toy for him. The boy's got skill when he can climb over both toys and that big gap. He makes me laugh.

Mike got home that last Sat and got to play with us for 6 hours and went back out on another job. I know it seems like that's all our life is, Mike gone, but it really is ok. He is out right now also, but should be home by the beginning of the week and have a week off! Yahoo! I'm so excited to see him lots! I hope he's doing good out there...

I've been awful! When I get home from work all I want to do is sit and relax, of course after Linc goes to bed, and watch my shows. I got the 4th season of Greys and have to watch it. And by the way, love the 5th that's just starting. And Desperate Housewives, seriously even better! Bonnie came over today and we watched our Gilmore Girls for seriously 31/2 hours while I did the laundry of almost every piece of clothing in our house I swear.

Mike's friends, Derrick and Nate, are moving out here to Green River. They are going to work with him at Weatherford.
Derrick stayed with us a couple nights with his darling dog (ok huge dog). It's kind of fun having friends come out here with us. We STILL haven't met Nate's wife and I'm so excited to.

My parents, the twins, and Ty all came out last Sunday during conference. It was so fun to have them here and get to see Lincoln and do a fun puzzle. My mom got him the cutest little dog outfit for Halloween. At first we thought it was a bear until we saw the long tail. It'll be a fun Halloween (not that we do anything anyway).

Grandpa P and Ty with Linc

Grandma P with sleepy baby


Anna and Linc (Sorry Kimi, I didn't get any pics of you!)

Lincoln is finally crawling for realsies! He was doing that cute little army crawl forever and now decided to do it "the real way." It's actually been pretty good for him to go to a few different homes lately. I can see the different things he learns with them and he gets to play with other little kids. Hopefully he wont be too much of a mommas boy:)

Linc was so funny. He crawled under his music table and got stuck. Heehee Baby!



Hi Daddy!

Linc playing with Mommy and Daddy. Oh and you can see his cute little teeth he's got.


Waving Hi to Daddy


Linc does this thing with his mouth when he's hungry now. I think it's so funny. Silly kid!

One more week and I get more time to be more of a mommy!!

And... I just now got off the phone with Mike (it's 11:42pm) and he's done with the job. Yeah! They are going to stay in some town a few hours away from here (I don't any towns around here) and get some sleep before coming the rest of the way. We get to see him tomorrow! Plus, while I was on the phone, a friend called and now I get to give a sunday school lesson tomorrow. Let's see how prepared I can be!

6 comments:

heidijogoody said...

I am glad you only have one more week and you get to be more of a mommy again I am sure you are ready for that.

Bradley, DeAnna, Donovan, and Chamae said...

I hope the lesson went well! I felt a little unprepared teaching the YW today, but that was my fault. I love the videos of Lincoln, especially the second one. Donovan just whines when he wants to eat. We are trying to teach him to be more polite though. Lincoln is such a sweet little boy! I hope we get to see him in December! Donovan and I will be out there for about 3 weeks and Brad will be out there for 2. We will have to get together, Brad and Mike can talk soccer and we can play with our cute little boys.

Unknown said...

That is so nice you get to go down in working hours soon. I bet it has been really stressful these past couple of weeks, you are trooper for hanging in there! Being a Mommy is rough sometimes, so its funny how much you can miss it! Lincoln is so cute, he is growing up so so fast I can't believe he is pulling hiself up on things. Time flies doesn't it? Well, hang in there life will slow down someday:)

Cottam Family said...

I'm so happy that you and Linc get to see Mike soon! I didn't know that Nate got married, that's cool. I can't wait for you guys to come and visit!

Tosha G said...

you stay so busy, I don't know how you do it. YOu're going to love part time

Annica said...

Sorry Dan and I couldn't make it. It looks like you guys had fun!