Thursday, July 9, 2009

Dr Visits

It figures that my first day alone with both kids, Lincoln gets sick. As usual. I don't know what's up with that kid, he catches everything. Sunday night he started a fever of 102.7. So all day Monday he pretty layed around and did nothing. Later that evening his temp got up to 103.5. We already had his 18 month check up apt scheduled for the next day, but I didn't want to wait with it that high, so we took him into the instacare. They were pretty sure it was an ear infection and gave him an antibiotic.

That night was the worst night ever! Linc still didn't feel good and puked all over in his bed, so we let him come sleep with us. Not fun. I don't do well with children in my bed. We hardly got any sleep, esp with Sequoia waking up every few hours as well. Half way through the night his temp got to 104.4. I almost freaked out! I was so nervous. I almost took him into the er, but the tylenol brought it down after a while. But it was sure scary there for a bit!

But the time we made it to the Dr in the morning it was only a small fever, yah!! I am so grateful Mike called in to work for a few hours to come with me to the Dr. As we were sitting in the lobby waiting, Linc was whiny and just didn't feel good, Sequoia was getting a bit fussy, I was filling out a bunch of paperwork, and then Linc puked all over. It was awesome. Poor little boy. I swear I feel like I say that a lot, "Lincoln puked again!" Its neverending with him:)

My poor little sick one

Lincoln weighs 22lbs and is 33" He is 10% in weight, 75% height and still 90% head. Sequoia now weighs 7lb 3oz and is 19" long. I was a little nervous about her weight because seriously the girl eats for only 5 min, sometimes less, and is done. The Dr said she is eating just fine. She's just a super fast eater and I'm pretty much a cow with my milk supply. But I'm definitely not complaining she's fast! I'm not the most patient person in the world.

I'm crossing my fingers that Lincoln will sleep all night tonight! Hes been waking up every few hours since he's been sick and I'm definitely over it! Because if its not one, its the other, then they wake each other up. Its been a super rough day so ignore any grumpiness I have left. I'm really hoping tomorrow is a much better day!


Some St George pics (not much at all!)

Cute little Kash

I'm so happy that Brandon and Lindsay got to come over and see the baby. And it was super fun to play games!


Lincoln got to play in the pool with Kashlynn and Brecken


My sweet little Sequoia:)

7 comments:

Nicole said...

Poor Lincoln! I hope he's feeling better!

Annica said...

Poor Linc! I should have come hung out with him, I have been sick since Monday too. Not fun! I bet you can't wait to have 12 kids in the Dr office instead of just 2! Maybe that's why my sister gave up on having a lot of kids. P.S. MY sister's little girl decided to cut her pony tail off the other day.... :-) Good luck with everything!

Mullins Family said...

Wow Quel!! You have been busy!! ha ha She is sooooo cute!! Dark! Wow!!
I love the video of her hicups ha ha cute!! Well I hope Lincoln gets feeling better!! Congrats I cant wait to see her!!!

Christy said...

Aww that picture of him is so sad, poor little guy! It bet it's nice he only weighs 22 pounds, Jack is 16 months and weighs 29 pounds! But the doc says for his height it's right were it should be. BIG BOY. Hope all is going great! Hope to see you again soon ;)

Crowther Clan said...

Oh your pics turned out great. We loved seeing you guys.

Toni said...

I'm glad Lincoln is feeling so much better. That is such a high temperature! I probably would have caved and went to the ER. Sequoia is as precious and adorable as ever! You guys know how to make 'em!

heidijogoody said...

Oh sequoia is just darling! And don't worry too much about her being a fast eater the girls were the same way they would nurse usually no more then 5 min. I was always worried too but they have turned out to be great eaters and were always right on schedule with weight! It is very nice to have fast nursers :)