Tuesday, October 13, 2009

A fun surprise visit

Our big girl:)

Wow Lincoln's head looks huge next to her!! Anyways, he has been so cute with her. I absolutely love that he is a good big brother still. I was nervous!

So, Yea!, Mikey is home! Its been so nice and weird to have him here. Don't worry, good weird:) He got home the Sat before last, had enough time to shower, give me a smooch, and head off to the Priesthood session for conference (which was great btw!). I had to go to work the same time he left, so Bonnie and Meghan came over to watch the kids. They originally were going to sleepover, but Mikey came home! He was in Colorado working on his supposed days off so we were kinda bummed, but then when we came home from work on Monday he walked in and said, "I have some good news, and I have some bad news." In my saddest little voice I had, "You have to go on another job but we will make money, blah." Nope!!! One of the engineers came back from maternity leave and he has his original days back so this last week was his week off! Worked out perfect!

It was even better because Mike's bro Ty was just randomly coming to visit that week if Mike was going to be home. It was fun having him out here again! At least now we finally have the shower upstairs done. They went fishing and we watched movies and just hung out, it was fun! He is actually coming back tomorrow so can can go out fishing one more time before he goes back home. I just hope Mikey doesn't have to go out on a job.

Mike and I had a great unplanned date that Friday. We dropped the kids off at the babysitter, we have to pay the same amount each week anyway and we picked them up early one day, so why not? It was so nice to run errands and do a bunch of stuff just us. That night we had some friends over and played some games, it was super fun. I'm going to try to have people over more often, I loved it. It was crazy with a bunch of kids all over, but well worth!

We went to Utah Sat morning and visiting Tyson and Danielle. Cade is getting so big, he's already bigger than Linc. It was so crazy to see the difference in those two! I forget that each kid is so unique. My fam watched the kids while we went to the temple, it was so good to finally go! It had been a while. I hope we can go more often in the future. I love the Ogden temple! We stayed the night at my parents house, even though I was super nervous because my mom had the swine flu the Sunday before. Her doc said she wasn't contagious anymore, so we took the chance.

We hung out and played games that night, then went to Koban's blessing in the morning. It was so nice to get to go to it. He is getting to be such a cute little guy! And so much bigger than Sequoia. It was fun to go hang out at Tenille's and meet more of Jon's family.

We are back to "normal" life here. Just clean clean clean all day long, play with cute little kiddos, pay bills, young women activities, volleyball games, errands to run, cook food over and over again, work, and I'm just loving it. I love working about 2 days a week and get to be with the kids as much as I am. I'm loving both worlds right now.


She is getting so big! I love seeing all the little new things she is learning. It is so cool to watch babies grow up.

Lincoln watching Monsters Inc and playing with Mike Wazousky and Sully (thanks to Aunt Annica for letting him borrow Sully). He is totally a doll guy! "Stuffed animals" He has to sleep with his Bunny and his Monkey.

Oh and we keep losing bottles everywhere we go, so Mike and I decided no more for Lincoln. I don't really care if he has one or not, whatever to me! But I just don't want to keep buying more. He still has his precious binkies so its ok! Its only hard for nap/bedtime because he ALWAYS goes to bed with a bottle of water. He was not happy at all tonight (his thing is to lie on his back and bang/kick at the door, beautiful noise!) but we didn't give in, even when the little stinker woke up his sister! Arg! But we'll keep at it! Fingers crossed!

3 comments:

heidijogoody said...

Cute kiddos! I bet it was so nice to spend some time with Mike with him home.

Bradley, DeAnna, Donovan, and Chamae said...

Getting rid of the bottle was fairly easy for us because we just replaced it with a sippy cup full of water at bedtime/naptime. If you haven't tried it, you should. He still has to have it, but I'm not worried about it...it's just water. Anyway, I hope that helps! Your kids are adorable! Whenever Donovan sees a little boy he calls them "Mason", so I corrected him and he said "Lincoln" pretty well! I hope they can get together sometime to play!

Nicole said...

Sequoia looks like she's growing fast! They're both super cute!