Sunday, October 18, 2009

Um, not my favorite day

So I swear I always have "the best day ever!" and "this is the worst day ever!" in the same day, maybe even an hour later its totally opposite. Mike always makes fun of me because I say it so much. I'm just SO high, and SO low all within a short time frame. Always have been, oh well!

Anyways, today, not so fun. And yep, I'm complaining! Don't read if you don't want to hear it:) I worked the grave last night (a 13 and a half hour shift it turned out to be!), it was the first one since I've been back. It was a super nice night working, so no complaints there. I think I'm just SUPER sensitive to anything the day after. One of my young women, Meghan, was so nice to come sleep over at the house and be with the kids. Yep, Mike's gone again:( He is in Montana and then probably going straight to Colorado to another job. I missed him today! (But don't worry sweetie, you are definitely not the reason I'm upset, I just miss you.)

I came home this morning, showered, got ready for church and got the kids up and yadda yadda yadda... I had my "second wind" by the time we got to church so I was wide awake. Anyways, Lincoln was crazy! He knows when I'm extra sensitive! He would not hold still and kept running away from the bench. Then Sequoia started to get fussy. I think I left like 5 times to go out in the hall. My ward is so sweet. I had a few different people grab Lincoln for me, which of course he would scream because he's antipeople and just wanted me while I was holding a crying baby. So much fun.

One of the ladies I don't know too well came and took her from me. I was so grateful. Although the whole time I tried to get Lincoln's attention with other things to hold still, I could hear Sequoia out in the hall crying. (Which totally makes me think of another story...no I will not go workout at the rec center again! While I was in yoga and the instructor is telling us to "breathe, relax, blah..." um, no I can't when the walls are connected to the daycare place and oh what do you know, she is at it again, crying. Anyways.)

It was all I could do to hold back the tears! I felt like I was watching Cars and The King wrecked! (gets me every time) I couldn't leave because I was giving the lesson in yw. I was exhausted and Lincoln would not hold still and I tried to hurry and get a bottle ready and Ah!! I started to think, why should I even bother going to church if this is how it is going to be, but nope. I know it may be crazy, but I know that is exactly where I need to be. Sure its hard without Mike, but I can't make excuses. And with all the million kids I want, I'm sure its only the beginning! But we will still be there. EVERYONE knows when we are there, but thats ok. There was something said about temples today and..........???:)

I'm sorry, not done. So Lincoln only slept 2 hours today for nap time! No! I was so tired I didn't want to get up! So from then on I tried to be nice, but one little thing and I'd freak out! And Sequoia! 3 times I layed her in bed and she woke up screaming. I so much wanted to be in bed by 9:30pm, but she said, "Um, NO!" Anyways, I could go on but why bother, I'm going to go to bed.

(Oh and Steve's Kim, I totally just read your blog and yes! I feel the same way sometimes so don't worry!!)

And don't worry, I'm sure tomorrow is going to be "the best day ever!"

6 comments:

Lara Phister said...

Hi Raquel! I haven't been into blogging at all lately, so it's been forever since I've seen your blog. Sequoia is getting so big and Lincoln is so cute!!! I need to let Mark borrow Sequoia for a few hours to show him how much he really doesn't want another baby...(a little battle at our house right now) I use to want more, but Sier will be 5 in Feb. (I'm OLD) I'm sorry you had a "worst day ever"...Those days just flat out stink and seam never ending! But I'm sure it will be better tomorrow. Love ya!...and I'll probably see you around the holidays ;)

Annica said...

Awww! I wish I could help you!! Hmmm... maybe I could come out there for a few days?? I have no job! Let me know what you think!

One Happy Heart Family said...

Oh you poor thing. Really I gave up on going to church by myself years ago! LOL I tried once and the boys were horrible! Now that Bryce has Sundays off (1st time in 6 years) we can't go because of Kylie, way too many people and germs! Your an awesome Mommy and I am so proud of you! You have the right and deserve to vent. It is so hard being widowed to the job, I hated it! Your just such a sweet adorable little thing. I love it!

Bradley, DeAnna, Donovan, and Chamae said...

Thankfully, they won't be babies and toddlers forever. It's days like that when I realize it really will be okay for Donovan to grow up! Donovan used to be awful in Sacrament Meeting, but he's finally started to behave. Have you tried fruit snacks? I am coming up on Region, District, and National Tournaments when Brad won't be home for more than a couple of days at a time so I feel you...even though you have it a lot more often and with two kids! Hang in there! Send them to a neighbor and get a nap!!

heidijogoody said...

Sometimes you do wonder why you even bother going to church. You are really good to go with both the kids when Ben would go out of town I would either go to sacrament with my mom and dad or just skip church all together because I didn't want to even know what the two girls would be like with me alone. It wasn't until they were in nursery that I finally started taking them on my own.

McKenzie's said...

I just looked at your blog and loved it! I love your daughter she is so beautiful and sweet. Her name is awesome too. I didn't know you visited in August. Where were me and Dan??