Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Happy Birthday Lincoln! (and Mommy)

Lincoln had such a great birthday!  Before school, the three of us made his cake pops.  It most certainly did NOT turn out the way I would have expected, but it was still fun to make them with the kids.  I didn't read until we were in the process of decorating that you need to use candy coating, not frosting.  Whoops!  But what a fun mess it was making his Spiderman Cakes:) 
The frosting just drooped everywhere.  On hands, table, tray, tongue:)
Then Lincoln got to go to school and have a mini birthday party with his friends.  Since we couldn't bring anything home-made, Lincoln picked out some cool Spiderman toothpicks to go on his treats.  It was an even more special day for him because Mom and Sequoia got to stay the whole time with him at school. I don't know who loved it more, Lincoln having us there, or Quoi getting to play and participate with all the big kids.





(Sorry!  Terrible phone pics!!)

Since it was his day, I let the kids play at the Science Zone for about a half an hour after school.  And then we went to the library for a while. Those are two of his favorite places. We got home and had some delicious Mac and Cheese for dinner, birthday boy's choice. We got to Skype with Grandma Phister and Uncle Ty Ty while Lincoln opened up his birthday presents.  That was fun for them to see as well. And he was so excited to have them watch! Then we had Lincoln's friend, Carter, from across the street, and his Mom and little twin sisters come over for some cake and ice cream.  Lincoln got to try out his cool Spiderman webbing from Anna and Cory on Carter.  They loved it.  Then when that ran out, they filled it with water.  It was a lot of fun.









Daddy wasn't able to come home until later that night, so when he did we had Lincoln open his present from us.  A Spiderman watch.  He was so excited!  And so happy for Daddy to put it on.


 This is what most of the house looked like by the end of the night.  Looks like Spiderman had a great time too:)  It was seriously still in the carpet days later.  But definitely worth it:)



My birthday was the day before and one of the best birthdays I've had.  Most things went very smooth and I got to relax, and best of all, Mike came home after work and I thought he was going to scouts.  But he let me choose if I wanted him to go to scouts, or come shopping with me and the kids.  I selfishly choose shopping but had a great time in the process!  And the best part was Mike didn't rush me once!  I got 2 pairs of jeans, one pair from my mom (thank you!) and a big clock from Susan (thank you!).  I just love my very own day every single year:)

And Lincoln loved his very own day as well.  He is 4 and so big!  Oh, and I forgot.  A few months ago he started saying, "I don't like bananas.  No thank (ssank) you.  When I'm 4 I'll like bananas."  Every time he'd say that when I offered him one.  So on the big day, me and Sissy gave him a banana.  He took a bite and actually ate it.  (That boy is seriously pickier than me!) Of course by his face he looked like it was dirt in his mouth, but he swallowed and said, "See, I like them now." So proud Buddy!  I just love how he'd always say that though!!  "When I'm 4..."

1 comments:

heidijogoody said...

Those cake pops looked good to me :) Happy Birthday to Lincoln & You! Looks like it was a great birthday