Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Year with Grandma and Grandpa Goodman

 We had a wonderful and unexpected New Years.  Grandpa and Grandma Goodman flew out to see us a few days before the new year. It was a much needed visit.  Mike had been gone on a job a couple days after Christmas so I loved having real adults to get to talk to, and I was just being a grouch that week.  Mike ended up getting home just a day after they got here and got to stay home the rest of the weekend.  The kids just loved getting to play with them!  Gary let Susan and I go shopping and run some errands while he watched the kids on Friday morning. We had a great time.  We also picked out the perfect fabric to make curtains for my dining and living rooms. Susan was amazed we actually like the same thing:)  It wasn't my intention to make my own curtains, but I had looked everywhere and hadn't found the perfect ones.  Then we saw the fabric.  Loved!  So that's my next project to work on hopefully soon. I'm excited to see how they will look!  Thanks for shopping with me Susan!

Later that same afternoon, me and the kids got to take Grandma and Grandpa to one of our favorite places here in Casper.  The Science Zone!  We all had a blast!  I think maybe Grandpa had an even funner time than the kids did:)  It is a mini science museum for children. I love it!  They have so many cool ideas and a lot of hands on things for the kids to do.  And a toddler section for little ones as well, which they don't play in long, but I'm glad its there. We hope we will get to take Daddy there one day too!  

Grandma and I played with the bubbles longer than the kids:)

 


They have a really cool Zoo Section of turtles, snakes, birds, iguanas, lizards, bunnies, fish, spiders! and more.



This toy is one of their favorites.  Lincoln can play on it forever making different ways to slide the marble down.


 


 


 
They also got to come with us to some friends of ours, the Larsen's, to celebrate the New Year.  We had a blast.  They had so much yummy food, the kids played great with the other ones, and we played games.  It was a great beginning to the new year at 9pm.  Perfect:)  We also played a game where you put a cookie on your nose/eye and without using your hands you have to get the cookie into your mouth.  Yep, I pretty much dominated:)  It was nice to celebrate earlier, because by the time midnight did roll around, we were all back home snuggled up playing Canasta.  Perfect weekend.  We just loved having them here.  It was sad to see them go, but love that it is so convenient to fly back and forth, so hopefully we will see them again soon! 

1 comments:

heidijogoody said...

I bet you always love it when family comes to visit. That museum looks really fun.