Monday, January 30, 2012

Projects

I thought maybe when we moved out here to Casper that our lives would slow down more, nope. It seems like it's doubled in crazy days. I really tried hard to have a goal of finishing all my unfinished projects and things I'd started on last year by the end of January.  Seeing as that is tomorrow, it probably wont happen, but I'll shoot for February! 

Mike is in Alaska right now.  He was gone on a job before that as well.  Alaska was supposed to be Monday to Monday, but now we have no clue when he'll be home.  He said it was -26 degrees just a couple nights ago, and he was out in that weather for a long time.  I need to remember when I'm a little stressed here in my warm comfortable home, I can think of what he's doing for us and be very grateful for what I have.


 Thanks to Grandma Letham, Grandma Phister, and Mike... I have a new piano and LOVE IT!!

 This is my new on-going project.  To learn how to play it!  I'm teaching myself right now, then when I can't do that anymore, I'll take lessons.  So far, its been so fun and relaxing.

(I made the temple picture above in a fun class with a bunch of ladies last month!)

 
 I bought this armoire from a friend and painted it black.  This was quite time consuming, thanks for helping Mikey! 



My Hand-Made Curtains!
 
 
 When Susan and I picked them out, we were thinking a couple days and we'd have some beautiful curtains.  Oh my, was I wrong!  It took me days to finish one panel, and I spent a lot of time on them.  But they were worth it. I still have two more panels to make for the sliding glass door on the other side of the room, but for now, I feel accomplished!

I love how long they are!



It feels so good to make someone like this myself.

My birthday clock from Susan.  I spray painted it black (it was a rusty looking yuck color) and painted the hands red.  I'm still in the process of getting vinyl lettering to surround it saying, "Time doth softly sweetly glide, when there's love at home."  One thing at a time! (of course I need to remember that saying in the future!)

  I just started putting together some red in the room.  I wasn't for sure if I still wanted the red accent around the house anymore, but I decided yes I do!

Its not pretty, but just a reminder for me that we got a free old treadmill from Mike's boss.  Yah!  I love having it here so we don't need to go out to a gym and worry about babysitting and all that stuff.  It was so time consuming (in Green River)!  

Mike and I are doing a fitness challenge thing of our own with Ty and Rachel for the year.  I wasn't consistent at all with working out, but since I've been doing it more, if feels so good!  I'm lame and I mostly do Taebo and pilates at home with videos. The kids have been doing them with me too so its actually been fun.  Lets see how we do this year!!

2 comments:

heidijogoody said...

Wow you have been a busy women. I love everything you have done it all looks so great. yay for a new piano I wish I had somewhere in my house to put one so I could re-teach myself and teach my girls a thing or two.

Bradley, DeAnna, Donovan, and Chamae said...

I love it all! It makes me want to settle somewhere and buy a house. I want Donovan to start piano too, but I don't know how he'd practice at home... Regular exercise really does wonders! I feel so much better now that I have a routine!