Tuesday, October 16, 2012

FHE: Pumpkin Night

 Our family favorite breakfast food, Bubble Bread
 Quoi was my little helper.  We made cinnamin rolls for the first time.  She is fantastic in the kitchen!

On one we experimented with apples in the rolls, it worked out ok.  (Lately I've been loving apple crisp!!) 

 Our first SNOW of the season!  The kids were so excited to go out and play!  Especially Quoi.  She could eat it all day.  Actually, she tried to only eat snow for breakfast before school that morning.

By the time school was over and they could finally go out and play, it was almost gone.  They were still happy though! 

This is what happens when the kids get the camera.  They take pictures of the dumpy house!  Lately they've loved to take everything out of their rooms, blankets and all, and make a huge pile out here in the living room.  Yeah.  While they were running and getting everything out today to make their "bed" they said, "Don't worry Mom, we'll clean it up!"  Um hm...
We had Family Home Evening this past Monday. We painted pumpkins (we usually carve them but by the time Halloween comes, they're dead. We actually had more fun painting!) and talked about the Plan of Salvation. Lincoln is so much fun to teach, and to learn from. He loves FHE and talking about the Savior and gospel topics. He ends up teaching us so much. And Sequoia is awesome. She pretends not to listen the whole time, doodling and doing her own thing. Then if we quiz her in the end (with a treat;), she will go on and on about what we talked about, then hurry and eat her treat. She cracks us up!

Lincoln's cool blue pumpkin


 Our Finished Masterpieces!!

 Mom's ghost pumpkin
 Daddy's awesome witch
(and my crafts I made; me and some friends get together every couple months and make a new craft for the holiday/season.)
Lincoln's blue angry boy and Sequoia's green girl
(she wanted a boy pumpkin too, but settled for the Mrs. Potato head pieces. I think they turned out wonderful!!)

We finally have a PANTRY in our kitchen! I LOVE it!  It is so weird now to think we didn't have it the whole time. We also added the black handles and the crown moulding on the top of the cupboards.  It makes the kitchen look so different.  Our friend Colby did them for us.  (The kids adore Colby and his wife Juli.  They have watched the kids a couple times.  Lincoln actually cried one day when Colby left the house.) 

 The new tile and pantry.  We are done with big projects in the house for quite a while!:) 
Today was quite the stressful day!  I have hopefully a month from day until this little girl comes (I'm hoping to induce November 13).  I think I'm just getting nervous with the birth, planning, preparing, having the house perfectly ready, and then having a baby in the house.  It's been so long since I've done this, I'm kind of freaking out.  Maybe it was just a terrible day (conducting in RS, doing the attendance rolls, sending the sign up sheet around to everyone for Super Sat, making announcements in all the other areas, saying the closing prayer when that person left... I ended up being the only one in the presidency today unexpected.  I just about cried, but I made it!)  And now I'm in bed and tomorrow is another day.  I'm excited to start over:)

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Quoi's pumpkin reminds me of a Little Miss character!

heidijogoody said...

I cant believe it has snowed there. Those pumpkins are such a fun cute idea.