Monday, October 22, 2012

Baby Shower, Halloween Costumes, and Preparing For Aurora

I love my friends here in Casper:)  Laurie and Steph put together a baby shower for me.  They are fantastic.  I felt a bit guilty because we already have a boy and a girl, but it was fun:)  And Sequoia was born in June, so I didn't have hardly any winter clothes for little one coming.  And I always love having an excuse to have a girls night and chat.  It was super nice that Mike was home and could get the kids in bed and I could relax.

(I'm also super sad because that night Steph told us she is moving to Washington in 2 weeks!  I knew they would be moving, but not that soon!  I'm getting sad; she's been my best friend since I got here.  Now I'll just have to branch out and make some new ones:)
 
The kids were so excited when they woke up in the morning to get to play with BALLOONS!
 

 The cutest baby gift idea!  Cupcakes (onsies and receiving blankets!)


 My friend Holly (and Sequoia's nursery teacher) also brought gifts for Lincoln and Sequoia. How sweet!  
She got My Little Pony
He got Batman cars
They were so happy:)


 Cutest onsie ever! (Thanks Steph!)


The day after the baby shower, I went to Once Upon a Child for a HUGE sale they were having.  It's already a second-hand store and super good prices, but this day was amazing!  10 for $10 sale (0-24 months)  I got ALL of these clothes here for $20!!! (Each SET was $1!) I was trying so hard to contain myself and not freak out in public:)  Now with the baby shower and these clothes, we are pretty much set for a baby to come!
 

 I let the kids pick out a pair of pjs for themselves. 

Quoi is so funny!

From My Phone:

 Monster bottom

 Belly shot of Auri

Quoi got her first salon hair cut.  She was NOT excited about it.


 But she was SO beautiful afterwards.  I love it darling, even if Daddy doesn't like it;)

 Only for school will she look and dress so cute like this!

Our Superheroes!  Batman & The Hulk



 Daddy and the munchkins, loving getting a picture taken!


Picture taken for Daddy while he's gone.  They wanted to show off their "new" pjs.  

I have been getting stressed again like I was before I got pregnant these last few days.  Mike went to St George this weekend to go visit with his friend Brandon and see his parents. Today he left from there and just got to Denver for some meetings this week.  I am REALLY missing him.  He's been home so much, I think I've gotten spoiled.  I guess with little girl almost here (3 weeks) and with so much to do and prepare, I'm gonna freak out.  

I've been super slow with this pregnancy and nap every day.  It's a good dang thing our kids are so good, I couldn't make it without.  They are great about going to their rooms every day after lunch while I nap.  I set a timer and they play by themselves for 30-45 min (the time keeps increasing with the days!), then they get to play with each other for another half hour.  Thank you wonderful children for doing that for Mommy!

Speaking of them, we were having a little Family Home Evening tonight and talking about the Savior and why we would want to be and act like Him.  I was asking them if they would want to be mean, grouchy, unhappy and not nice to other people?  Lincoln said, "Oh no.  That's just you Mom."  Ouch.  They can see the difference in me too:(  I will try harder Buddy!! I definitely need my kids to help me stay on the straight and narrow!

I still have a bunch of things I'd like to get done before Aurora comes, but I only have a good two hours a day in me.  So hopefully when Mike gets home we can do it together!  Oh and one of my goals before the baby is born is to finish two Blog books I have left to make (2010 &2011).  It's been my OBSESSION this past week.  They are so time consuming, but worth it.  I finished one and am SO close to finishing the second.  I'm so excited!  Then I can move on to a ton of other things on the list:)

Michael, I love and miss you!  The kids do too!  I'm excited for our little girl to come so we can have a lot of family time together, probably going crazy with a screaming newborn, but I'm still excited.

2 comments:

heidijogoody said...

I can't believe baby girl is almost here. looks like you got so much fun stuff at your shower

Bradley, DeAnna, Donovan, and Chamae said...

I love 2nd hand stores for kids! You can find some awesom stuff! I can't believe you are going to have 3 kids in a few weeks! I can't wait to see pictures!