Monday, January 5, 2009

Happy Birthday Lincoln!!!

Lincoln's birthday was yesterday. Big #1! He's getting to be such a big boy and learning so much. I know he had no idea it was his birthday, so we actually had some friends over Friday night to kind of celebrate. We got a big cake (on sale:) and just hung out and played. He was so happy eating his cake! I rarely give him sugary stuff, so he was in heaven! I love you my sweet little Linc! I'm so happy you are in our family...

"Leave me alone, Mom, I'm busy..."

Yah!!

I forgot to take the binky away while he was eating. But who is Lincoln without his binky??



We went over to Jason and Amanda's last night and ate some yummy dinner. This day was officially Linc's b-day. It was fun playing over at their house. We ended up staying for a while playing MarioKart Wii. It was a blast.

He looks like a little boy in this picture!!

Happy New Year! We went over to Toni's for some awesome food she made New Year's Eve. It was Cafe Rio knock-off, and delicious, and I'm a very picky eater. Mike really liked it too. I guess I'll have to start learning how to cook more. We got a Crock Pot from my parents for Christmas. I'm gonna have to get it out and start. Toni, I want your recipe! We hung out a while and let the boys play for a bit and then went downstairs and watched a movie. Lincoln would not hold still! We was being so crazy! We left at like 10:30pm. I was so tired. I guess we are getting old. The next morning we went to the stake breakfast. I love their pancakes! It's crazy because I was also pregnant the same time last year and the breakfast. Weird. I had to work later that day, but it was nice because Mike and Linc got to hang out and play just the two of them.

Saturday was my birthday! It was a wonderful day. We just hung out and read book or played on the computer and just did nothing. A perfect day with my family:) Some beautiful flowers showed up at the door that afternoon. Thanks Susan and Gary, I love them! I went into work later that evening for the grave shift. Wow was I tired! And now we switched to the 9am meetings for church, Wow! I ended up sneaking into the mother's room and fell asleep on a rocking chair during SS. Naughty! I'm just glad I made it through teaching my lesson in young womens.

Mike has been such a wonderful help around the house and with Linc! I feel bad Ive been sleeping so much! He pretty much watched Linc all Sat and Sun. I really appreciate it. He's at the shop today and then off for another week!!! Wahoo! This is unreal! Thanks for being around sweetie:)

Mom this is for you...

My friend Amanda bought this off the internet! It's a seat belt wallet! You could totally make it! Just cut the belt in half! If you want to buy one to see how it is put together I'll ask her for the website. It is darling! (By the way, my mom makes and sells seat belt purses and are way cute! I have a bunch.)

Front

Inside

Open long ways

Some videos of this crazy kid...


He was being such a dork yesterday!! He just started clenching his fists and being so silly! He thinks he's the funniest little person! (My mom taught us to do this when we were babies; he just started doing it himself)


This was the first day with Daddy while he was learning to stand. Good boy!


He just randomly picked up this cup and was "drinking" from it. Looks like we need to do the switch to cups (dang! I love the bottle!)


This one is my favorite! He's so funny!

And Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad! 29 years!

12 comments:

heidijogoody said...

Happy birthday Lincoln! Cant believe he is already 1. Looks like he sure enjoyed his cake.

Crowther Clan said...

We can't believe he's already 1. Their 1st birthdays are always fun memories especially the cake eating. HaPpY bIrThDaY LiNc!! oh & I would love a seatbelt wallet to match my purse. So if you could find out the website or if your Mom can make them I would love to buy one or two. Just leave me a comment or text me.

Nicole said...

He is so cute! I love the noise he makes while he's 'drinking'! Too funny!

Bradley, DeAnna, Donovan, and Chamae said...

Happy Birthday Lincoln! I didn't even realize it! Just wait until he starts bringing you the cup, grabbing your hand and pulling you over to the sink to fill it. That is a fun one. Donovan started walking VERY soon after he could stand alone so watch out! I love your house. It almost makes me want to buy an old house and fix it up...almost.

Annica said...

They sell those wallets at the Newgate Mall here in ogden too. I was looking at them the other day wondering if your mom knew how to make them, or if they would be that hard. Anyway, Happy Birthday to both of you! Linc shares a birthday with my daddy! Happy New Year!

Cottam Family said...

Gosh dang it! Yet again I have a card for your birthday all ready to be sent off because I keep thinking its the 29th for some reason. I'm so sorry Quel, but Happy Birthday, I hope you had a wonderful one. I love ya. Oh and happy birthday to Linc too! The first birthdays are so fun!
P.S. I dropped my phone in the toilet yesterday so if I could get your cell # again I would be so happy!

Tosha G said...

I can't believe he is 1 already. Looks like you guys have had a lot of fun.

kgoody said...

Yeah what a big boy! I cant believe how time goes. I cant believe how big and blue his eyes are. Looks like you guys are havinf a blast! I want to see your family pix.

Crowther Clan said...

Hey thanks for answering me about the wallet. I know a couple people that want one. So if your mom decides to make them let me know or if you find out the website let me know that too. Thanks!!

heidijogoody said...

To respond to your comment you left on my post. Yes I have one brother his wife was next to me on the right and then the one on the very left was my mom

Toni said...

That was a lot of fun. I still can't believe how badly Mike murdered us in Scene It. I really thought we had that first round! Next time we will get them.

Lesa said...

WOW happy birthday to lincoln! he is so so adorable. I loved the videos... he has such a cute personality, I can tell ;)