Saturday, January 24, 2009

Look what our little boy can do Mikey!


Wahoo! Go Linky! I love his face, he's concentrating so hard. This video doesn't do it justice, they never do. But its the best one I have. He just started walking and then getting back up himsef last night. Oh, and please ignore the squeaky lady in the background:)

Sorry Mike, I know you said less sugar for the little guy but the lady at the bank offered him a sucker and I could resist. He loved it!
My little fatty loving his pancakes! He has gotten so big lately!


Its been so much fun watching each little step Linc makes. I love being his Mommy and teaching him and these new things. He's been such a BOY lately! All over the place, getting into everything, and has so much energy. His favorite thing is to get into the pots and pans cupboard and get the pot lids and scrape them against the tile. Its magical to the ears;) The two teeth by his front top teeth are starting to poke through and he has not been the happiest the last 2 days. Poor boy.

So I was talking to Mikey the beginning of the week and was talking about when he got home and making some plans and he goes, "Yeah, um, I think I'm gonna be staying another week up here..." No! 3 whole weeks! But we are doing alright. Its been crazy the last few days because I haven't even been able to talk to him on the phone, he didn't have service where he was. That makes it hard when I can't even hear him:( That's way I'm up right now so bright and early. He called me this morning and I was so excited! Wahoo! He said it was 40 degrees below where he was!!! (Northern Canada) Ah!!! I would die! I can't even take the trash outside because I ate to be cold, and I'm lazy, whatever. He said he was going to go to sleep and hopefully go out on another job in a few hours. (Even more days without service) But its good experience for him.

So I have the Sonogram on dvd and the sex of the baby on it, but I just haven't watched it yet! You have no idea how much its driving me crazy not knowing. I thought before I went in to the Dr that it would be fun to wait for Mikey and we could watch it together and find out what it is, but that was before he was going to be gone longer and I'm dying! Next time we talk we might find out while I'm on the phone with him, we'll see...

So I'm going to Ogden to have my new little one. I'm not a fan of my own hospital I work at, sad. I'm actually seeing another midwife at the Circle of Life. She's totally normal, hosp, drugs, the whole package, not some silly home delivery midwife. I'm all about the drugs!!! They do an ultrasound every time you go in for a visit, which I love! She measured the baby and its right on for 16 weeks, perfect. I'm getting so excited!

I stayed with my parents when I went down Sunday evening and we celebrated Ty's birthday which was the 19th. Happy birthday Ty! 14! It was fun to go hang out with them and for them to see Lincoln.

Oh yeah, so my BIG drama for the past week. I lost my camera (which is why there are hardly any pics) and my WEDDING RING! Seriously, I had been freaking out! I finally found the camera a few days later under the couch, I wonder who scooted it under there?? But as soon as I found it I wished it would have been my ring. Honestly, it had been missing for more than a week but I didn't even notice till just a few days before. Oops! I always put it in the same spot and just kept forgetting to put it on before I went anywhere. Before I went to Ut I decided to grab it. Oh no! Not there! I didn't worry too much then, I figured I'd find it. When I got back home and started to look better, that's when I started to freak out! I seriously searched everywhere. I had to work Tues and Wed and even called security and housekeeping to see if someone found a missing ring. I had no clue! I searched through the nasty vacuum just in case, and have been waiting for Lincoln to poop it out even.

So after a few days of really looking hard, I finally told Mike the bad news. (FYI: when he first gave me the ring he seriously said, "Now when you lose this ring you're not getting another one.") I was nervous to tell him! So told him my whole story and he finally said, "Ok since you've really looked hard I'll tell you that I have your ring so you can stop looking. But you need to take care of it." OH MAN! That little stinker! But I sure learned my lesson! I'm going to wear it more often now I swear. I was so relieved when he told me he had it, wow!

Mike, you don't even know this part yet, I forgot to tell you this morning. So, the next morning after Mike told me he had my ring, I'm assuming that he had it with him in Canada, because he said I would get it back when he came home. So anyways, I was talking on the phone on my bed and Linc was just playing around in my room by the night stand, one of his favorite areas, and what do you know! I look down at a smiling little boy and he has MY RING is his sweet little hands!!! What!? I searched there forever in that spot and my 1 yr old finds it! Crazy! So Mikey, I put it away (safely!) and will wait until you come home until I can wear it again, which I will all the time!:)

Wow, sorry about the novel! I get I have a lot to say in the morning. Oh, so my co-worker called me at 5:30 this morning and asked me to work. I have Shilayna's baby shower and a wedding to go to today, but I told her I'd go in after I'm done. So I've been awake since then and just cant sleep. Which was perfect because then my sweetie called! Anyways, its going to be a long day!

I love you so much Mikey! Please call me one more time if you see this before you go out on your next job. Be safe and STAY WARM!!!

I know, I know, another sleeping pic. I love them, too bad! Mikey I want you to see him too. I snuck in and his bottle was right on his face. What a cutie!

3 comments:

Nicole said...

That's so cool Lincoln is walking! And how exciting to find out what #2 is!

heidijogoody said...

Yay for Lincoln! and that stinker Mike for having your ring I would have been freaking out! I can't wait to find out what you are having! I also went one time to a doctor at that Circle of Life in Ogden and it was a nice place and I have heard good things about it.

Bradley, DeAnna, Donovan, and Chamae said...

I feel pretty fortunate that we have a nice hospital and an awesome doctor in town. It's hard to find a good doctor sometimes. That is so exciting that Lincoln is walking, way to go Lincoln! I remember how excited I was when Donovan started taking steps, he was running within weeks so watch out!! I hope you have a good week with Mike gone, I know it sucks, especially when you have a 1 year old!