Friday, January 2, 2009

The never ending post:) Holiday time...

What crazy times are the holidays! I get so excited every year for this time, and every year when it's over I'm even more excited. I never seem to fully appreciate the comfort of my own home until I'm not in it. It's a wonderful place:) Now we just need some relaxing time! We have been pretty much nonstop since Mike got home from Texas.

Which that was a crazy day in itself! Let's see... like 2 weeks ago! Sat the 13th. Mike was supposed to fly into SLC from Houston, then fly here, and be home by noon. Not so much. It was a blizzardy weekend. They luckily made it to SLC and there plane was delayed, something was wrong with the plane. So they got to hang out and wait a few hours until they got a different plane. He boarded and I was so so excited! (It had been a long trip!) Then all the sudden I did a text 10 min later. NO!! He's on the plane!! Yep, it was Mikey. Darn. They made everyone get off because the weather was too bad. It was a very emotional day. I was crying, happy, sad, you name it. To make a long story short, instead of coming home on the later flight, Mike and 2 other guys traveling with him just rented a car and drove home. Yeah! It was so great to see him! We ended up going (a little late) to his work Christmas party. It was kind of fun. (And nice to have my friend watch Linc)

He found my ribbon in one of the drawers

I was getting ready to go somewhere and walk into the room and see Linc just tearing away at the wrapping paper and Mike was sitting right next to him. I was like "Um, whats up Mike?" And he just said, "What, he's having fun..." Oh well, I had 5 more rolls. Those boys...

Anyways... We pretty much took the week before Christmas to get ready to go. When Mike wasn't working, I was. But it worked out pretty nice for Linc. We were just lounging around the night before we were going to go to my parents and my sister called and said there was going to be a huge storm come in. It was almost 9pm. So we decided to hurry fast and packed in an hour (of course I overpacked EVERYTHING!) and left for Grandmas.

It was so fun to get to hang out with them for some of the holiday time and exchange gifts. I finished my shopping in between snow storms and Mikey got to have a boy's night at Ruby River. We had a family party (Nana's side) on Sat which was way fun to see all my cousins, then we headed straight to St G from the party.

Grandma P turned the big 50 Dec 15. (Happy birthday!!) Linc just loved the black balloons all over!

Uncle Ty and Linc

Grandma and Kim being silly (don't take the pic if you don't want me to post!!! ;-)

Linky Stink

I was feeling bad for missing Aunt Gayla's Christmas party which was right after the other one, but now, I'm so glad! I think my family was a little sad we were going to St G for Christmas, so they sent along a Merry little gift for us to share:) The nastiest flu-like bug! My fam was all sick right before we showed up and we just took it with us. Poor Lincoln, he had it the worst. He threw up on the way down. Thanks Grandma and Grandpa Phister, it was an unforgettable Christmas for everyone!:)

It was fun to spend some time down in St G with all the family there. We got to get some games in and some yummy food before all of the sudden one wonderful night, everyone was up puking both ends all night long. In the end Lincoln, Susan, Gary, me, Steve, Kash, Uncle Dow, Kim, Scott, and Rachel all caught the bug. I ended up puking 9 times in about 15 hours. Awesome. (But by now, puking, me? What's new??)

Christmas morning was wonderful! It made the whole trip. Most everyone was feeling good just for the day. Yah! It was fun to be with Mike's family and open presents all together. It's weird that it was Linc's first Christmas. He was born 10 days after Christmas last year. Linc got lots of fun things. Lots of Disney movies, a cool fire truck that squirts water from Grandma G, clothes, a soccer ball... It was fun to watch all the babies.

We just got woken up and were waiting to get to go downstairs for Christmas morning. Too early:)

Daddy and Linc getting ready

Linc opening presents. Probably wondering what the heck we were doing...

A cute little pilot jacket (from GP)

Aunt Annie and Linc

It was so funny! Every time Linc would open a gift, SWIPE! from Logan! He'd come running and it was gone. It was pretty dang funny! Linc didn't mind. I think he liked the boxes and wrapping paper more. But it totally made my morning.

Logan and Morgan

This was funny too. Tyrel was pouring jelly beans into the jar and Linc just sat there and stared forever!

Playin with the tags

Logan in the crazy mess

Lincoln was still throwing up after 6 days so we took him into the Dr after Christmas. She pretty much say to do what we were already doing so that was good news. He finally stopped like the day before we went home. My poor little Linc. He had a rough Christmas week. (And was extra whiny, yah for us!)

We only got to visit with just a couple friends this trip. And that was one of the last days. We passed the bug around to everyone in the house and didn't want to spread it even more. We hung out with B and Lindsay and the boys for while at the Crowthers. It was way fun to see them!

On the Saturday before we went home we all went to the red hills and got our family pictures taken. I'm excited to see how they turn out! It was freezing even at 3pm! So when we left and put Linc in his seat, he was cold and had the biggest crusty face on! We even tried to make him laugh or smile, Nope. "Leave me alone Mom and Dad!"
Gotta love the crusty face:)

Oh it is wonderful to be home! And the best part is, me and Linc have been with Mike for 3 weeks straight now! This is a record. It has been so much fun having him around. He has been on-call all this week and hasn't gone on a job yet, and goes off on Monday night. So...we might get a whole other week with him. Just wonderful:)

So my favorite subject, Lincoln. He has grown up so fast just these last few weeks. It was the week before Christmas. I came home from work Thursday night and Mikey had taught Linc to stand by himself! It was so fun to watch! He is so funny; he'll stand there and clap for himself. What a cutie! Just a few nights ago we taught him how the blow kisses. I love it! And now Mike is in the process of teaching him to walk. Mike has been a very good teacher for Linc. It's crazy how fast children learn. Now with this next baby coming, I'm ok with Linc growing up fast and not being my baby anymore. I'm gonna need a lot of help from him!

Linc sporting the new coat.

But of course, that boy is never without his binky!

Derrick swiped a shot of us just randoming in the kitchen...

Definatley a momma's boy! He loves his noodles! And seriously ever since he's been sick in St G, he has been so clingy to me! Ah! It was cute the first day, but he just freaks out when I leave the room or put him down. I hope this doesn't last.

And I just took a few random shots of the house. We painted a long time ago and I'm not sure if I ever took any picuters. This wall was supposed to be a dark gray, but when finished it turned out to be more blue. I was a little sad, but its not too bad.

We painted all the walls in the front room and hallway white and did all the trim black. I love it! One day we'll move on to the bedrooms, but for now, we are burnt out of painting.

4 comments:

Marlene said...

Happy Birthday to you today and to Lincoln tomorrow!

heidijogoody said...

How awful is that to have the flu for christmas. Darrnit I bet that was no fun. The painting looks great.

Nicole said...

Poor Lincoln! Poor all of you! Sick for Christmas! I'm glad your all feeling better, and you get Mike for so long! That's awesome!

Annica said...

Sounds like you guys had a crazy holiday! I am glad that you are all feeling better!