Sunday, March 11, 2012

New Carpet!

My oh my!  How time does fly!  We are having a wonderful time in Bar Nunn, Wy.  I love our neighborhood and friends around us.  I think the house, relief society, and the kids have been consuming almost all of my time.  Mike finally gave me permission to get CARPET!!  I absolutely love it!  It was a crazy two days moving furniture all over the place, but completely worth it.  I can't believe how UGLY the carpet was before.  I feel like I have a brand new house.  We are going to leave the hard floor downstairs.  I debated quite a while to put carpet down there as well, but in the end decided not to.  I'm sure it will come in handy with my sewing projects:)  Instead we will just get a bunch of rugs down there. 

The old curtains (there when we bought the house, P-Yuck!

Old Carpet/ New Carpet!

Half of Linc's room (the blue thing just hasn't been moved since we rearranged.)

The old carpet.  So happy to get rid of you!!


Like walking onto heaven.

The house in the transition of carpet.  Disaster!

Mike just got the an X-Box with Kinect.  I had never even heard of it till he brought it home.  It is so much fun.  Lincoln can't get enough of it.  And he loves to yell the command, "X-Box, Home!"

Oh how we love our little snow queen!



She loves to be outside, especially in the snow.  And eats as much as she can of it!

Trying to get warm inside. I love having a fenced off backyard.  I can sit in my chair and read my book by sliding glass door and watch the kids playing while I am warm. 

The house is seriously a new one with the carpet!!





I love tax season!  We went and picked out a sectional for our living room.  I'm so excited to see what it looks like!  We had it custom made and it won't be here for 6 to 8 weeks. Bummer, but it will be a super fun day when it arrives!  The kids had a blast playing in the kid area while we checked out furniture.




The kids thought static was the coolest thing!




Here are a couple more pictures of the house finished with the new carpet. I'm loving getting to put my own house together the way I want, thanks Mikey!

I just ordered the vinyl lettering from my friend down the street.  I love it!

My finished curtains in front of the sliding glass door.  It was quite a chore to make all four panels, but I loved every minute of the project and love even more the outcome. 

Lincoln being a silly goon, as usual:)

This was just a few Sundays ago.  It was the first time in probably a YEAR both kids took a nap and at the same time.  What a quiet house.  I just love sleeping children.

Quoi's new Big Girl Bed.  She had her converted crib bed before, but since the crib was torn apart because of the new carpet, we figured we would just get her a real one since we had to put something back together.  She loves it!  

I guess these are the first pictures I've taken of the kid's bedrooms.  I had planned a lot sooner to paint the rooms and decorate them the way we want, but we have so many projects left to do that the rooms have been forget for now.  But here is a part of her room.  We just got the bench with the bed.  I love it!

Don't mind all the dolls out, daily.

I think he is going to be more like his Daddy when it comes to taking pictures!

1 comments:

heidijogoody said...

Yay for new carpet. We love tax season too :)