Sunday, December 9, 2012

Aurora's First Bath

We are slowly getting back to normal.  I'm grateful my friend takes the kids to school in the morning, and I get all the kids later.  It's been wonderful to get to spend Mommy time with Aurora. Sometimes if she takes a nap during that time I get a little bit done in the house.  That's one thing I've been slacking on lately.  The house.  I guess I'd rather neglect it than the kids and Daddy:)

While my friend Kuulei and I were going around giving birthday gifts to sisters in the ward, I noticed Aurora start coughing really yucky. By the time we were done, she was sounding terrible. Kuulei's husband is in his residency to be a physician, so when I dropped her off, he listened to her. He's pretty sure its croup. So we stayed home all day yesterday (and cleaned the house super good, thanks Mike!!) and today. It's hard for me to not go to church, but I guess that's what happens when you're a Mommy. Auri is still feeling pretty yuck this afternoon.

When we first had Aurora, I had completely forgotten how to take care of a baby!  But now it's all coming back to me how much of a joy a new baby is.  The spit-up all over my hair and clothes, constant poopy and wet diapers, changing her clothes 4 or 5 times a day (and we don't have many to start with in newborn size!), the crying, sleepless nights, and having to hold still for half my day on the couch feeding or consoling. Even with it all, I love it!!  And we still want two more.  Bring it on.

It's amazing what I'll let the kids do while I'm feeding a hungry baby...  
"Oh you want to use that face paint?, sure whatever." 
"You're thirsty? There's a faucet in the bathroom." 
"Yes, you can have the ice cream, I don't care, just eat it from the jar." (with measuring cups)
"I don't care what you wear, just put something on." (it's sometimes fun to see what she comes up with, and it's for school!)

They know just when to get me:)
 



Their face painting episode.  Yep, Mom even let them.  They were entertained for like 20 minutes!

Love those fat cheekies

Auri's first bathy! She liked to be in the warm water.


Mostly...

Crazy little monkeys after church.



They love their baby sister so much


Quoi's first time holding Auri all by herself.  
It was awesome! As soon as I took the picture, Aurora fell right to the floor. Whoops! :)

He is so BIG

3 comments:

Stephanie Dirks said...

At least they asked for the ice cream. My kids would just get in in and then say they didn't know how it got eaten. Babies sure do take a lot of time, but man, when you've got cuties like yours, that time is the best spent!

heidijogoody said...

Love all the pictures! Auri is just a little doll

Bradley, DeAnna, Donovan, and Chamae said...

I love reading and seeing all the pictures of your adorable kids! It was so fun to see them on Facetime, I have the feeling Lincoln and Donovan would have a lot of fun being silly and crazy together!!!