Sunday, December 9, 2012

Fun Times With Grandma & Thanksgiving With Steve & Kimmer

After Tenille, Grandma and Koban left, we had one full day as a family to just hang out and enjoy being a family of five. Then Grandma Goodman flew in late Saturday night to come be with us and meet Little Aurora. Lincoln's primary program was the next day, so Mike took him to a practice that Saturday for a bit.  He did fantastic!! Even Sequoia knew his part by the time he gave it Sunday. "With good choices comes freedom and happiness. With bad choices comes captivity and misery." I was one proud Momma. And yes, of course, I showed up to church just a couple days after giving birth.  I only went for sacrament meeting, but I didn't miss my little man!

It was wonderful to have Grandma here to come help us.  She held Auri a bunch and played with Linc and Quoi and made them feel special. And of course, Lincoln was spoiled and played games on the Kindle/IPAD/any phone possible way more than normal.  But oh well!  Sequoia started getting into them a little bit more as well.


She sleeps just like her Mommy, mouth wide open!

Of course Daddy was right along side the kids playing as well:)

I wish I would have taken more pictures while Kim and Steve were here!  I remembered while they were packing up to leave, bummer. They stayed in Rock Springs over night, then got here to our house Wednesday at noon.  It was the first time they'd been to a house we've lived in. We played a lot of games, went shopping, sat around and did nothing and had a great time.  The kids got along very well.  I had Sarah, Jason and their five kids come over (her and the kids were here visiting Jason) on Wednesday night as well for pizza and chatting. It was crazy to have everyone over, but super fun.

Thanksgiving Day was a bit different than tradition.  I didn't want tradition because I just had a baby and didn't want to cook all that yucky food that would just so bad when everyone left, so we made Cafe Rio for lunch and it was delicious. I did let Kim make some pies, and they were amazing. (Speaking of pies, I've been OBSESSED with pies lately!  Especially apple pie.  Oh even talking about it is making me sad I don't have a huge piece in my mouth right now!)  

Later that evening, Mike and I took Linc and Quoi and Steve and Kim took Kash and Harlee to the movies.  Grandpa and Grandma watched Brittyn and Aurora. We watched Wreck it Ralph.  It was super cute.  And fun to be out with our two big kids.  They are so good.  
We had a fun and peaceful Thanksgiving:)

Everyone wasn't planning on leaving till Saturday, but that Thursday night, Aurora didn't sleep well at all, I'm thinking she had a tummy ache, and Sequoia threw up EIGHT times, so they all left Friday at noon instead. It was a bummer to see them go early.  But I'm sure the two little sick girls were grateful for a quiet house.  We ended up sitting around and doing nothing all that day and it felt great. Quoi did throw up again the next morning, but by Sunday she felt better.  It was a rough weekend for her. 
 
Cute little Brittyn


Harlee and Kash



They all had a fun time together!


Lincoln and Grandpa put together this gingerbread train.

Sequoia and Grandma did this gingerbread house.  They loved working with them:)

Lincoln being silly!  He is SO excited for Christmas:)

0 comments: