Sunday, August 10, 2008

Eventful Week

Mikey! I'm so excited you are coming home soon! I also love that you can get this while you're gone. I'll try to keep in touch better. Most of these pictures are for you. We are going to have so much fun this week. Maybe even go to Lagoon??

Hi Daddy!!!

I don't even know where to begin! So much has been going on! I guess first of all, I pick my little man up from Grandma and he's a crawler (more like a scooter)! We joked about that when I dropped him off, but alas! It's fun to get to see him do new things. They must have spoiled him because now he freaks out when I take something away from him and when I leave the room. Grandma! But he's also such a busy body now! It's crazy crazy how much he's changed in just one week! Oh man did I miss him! I was doing great until the day I was going to pick him up! I'm sure I will again, but I don't want to leave him that long again! Now I understand and feel bad when Mike says Linc looks so different when he doesn't see him for a week at a time.




I know it's lame! We don't have a video cam, so best I could do...

It figures that it works out this way... Mike was home while I was gone. Just working at the shop in RS. He hung out with some friends and around the house. Then the day before I come home, he went out on a job and has been there ever since. We are hoping he'll be home tomorrow sometime!! Fingers crossed! He's such a great hard worker; we are so happy with him:)

I left for girls camp Tuesday at noon. I knew it would be exhausting, but not that much! But it was so much...

K strangest thing ever! In the middle of writing, Nana called me almost in tears and told me a tornado was on it's way to Green River, WY. Crazy!! She said to hurry and get into the basement. I only have a crawlspace. (Thank you so much Nana. I love you very much.) My friend Toni and Grant were coming over to watch a movie in about 15 min, so I called her and me and Linc ended up going to her house to watch it in her basement. It was fun to hang out, but kind of scary. Toni looked on internet and saw that the tornado touched down about 9 miles from our house. I swear everything always happens when Mike is gone, but don't worry Mike! I'm tough:) Sorry for the interruption.

...fun and well worth it! I felt like a mother to my 11 girls in my unit. I got to play all the activities and do everything with them. Everyone kept telling me, "I thought you were one of the girls!" I hope I still do in 20 yrs!:) We did a Faith Walk (which was my fav thing), went on a hike, did a skit (that I made up about princesses, of course!) crafts, songs, games, and froze at night! I ended up staying in my tent alone, which was so nice, but freezing! I seriously almost went home the first night I was so darn cold! One of the speakers was Miss Utah. Her cousin is one of my young women. She is awesome. She is also a soldier. I enjoyed her talk so much, and she's beautiful! I couldn't help but stare. Anyways, I love my girls in my ward! There are only 3 active! We had good bonding time. Now i feel so spiritually uplifted! It was a wonderful time. But now I'm so happy to be home.

So, I got a new job. I'm going to start at the hospital as a Radiographer as soon as I get my license to practice in Wyoming in the mail, which will take a few weeks. I felt so guilty not doing what I went to school for, so I finally went in. I'm pretty excited. I hope it's a good schedule. I'm working "casual part-time" which I think will be fill-in. We'll see. I'm sad to be away from Lincoln, but for right now I feel this is what I need to do at the moment. This is my last week at my current job. I will miss her.

Lincoln had so much fun at Grandmas. He learned so many new things. I'm glad they got to be with him and play. I met my parents in Evanston and picked him up from there. It was really weird seeing him again for the first time. I just can't explain it. I had to work Sat and still missed him so much, but we've had fun today playing. I also had to speak in Sacrament Meeting today. We had a little young womens program. I LOVE the feeling you get as your walking back to your seat after you've just finished! What a rush:) So, after all this busyness, it's so nice to just sit here and hang out for a bit.

Just getting out of the bath

He's got a sad little rug burn on his little nose. He had an accident (fell off the bed nose first, ouchie!)

Here are some pictures of Lincoln my family sent me while he was there. They were sent to my phone, so they're not the best quality, oh well.

Lincoln and Mason hanging out at the pool at Tenille's, I think they are at Tenille's...

Country Linc

Whatever

Good morning!

Hi Mommy and Daddy! I miss you!

Hello!

This one is my favorite! Just like his mommy:)

Oh yea!! So right before I left to go to Toni's, I noticed a package on the door step. I grabbed it and took it w/us and opened it there. Mike bought me a new camera!! Wahoo!! I'm so so excited you have no idea! No more lame pictures! And I can do video, yea! Thank you so much! You are the sweetest husband ever!!! (And no worries, this can totally be my Christmas for the next 2 years!!)

Random pic of Linc:)

I thought this was pretty cool. This is my dad. He got hit by a gate at the fair, I'm pretty sure. Ouch!! 5 stiches

8 comments:

Toni said...

Good thing that they tornado didn't really do anything! Good thing I have a basement too! Ha Ha! I had lots of fun! I really liked "Penelope"! Linkster is as cute as ever! I can't believe he is sitting up! He's getting to be such a big boy!

heidijogoody said...

Ouch that eye looks like it hurt. I am glad you had a good time at girls camp. I always loved it when I was young and I think I would love it just as much now.

Lindsay Cutler said...

Raquel I miss you so much!!!! I loved reading up on your life, including your tornado trauma. CONGRATS on getting a new job!! Yay!! you'll have to let us know how it goes!!! By the way, Jill (the Miss Utah speaker) is one of my really good friends! Isn't she amazing?? Hey, call or text me because I broke my phone and lost all my numbers. :-( AND, call me when you go to lagoon...its only minutes from me and I get in for free cuz I am a farmington resident....holy cow... sorry this is ten miles long!! I just miss you girl!!

Scott, Kara, Paul, Brad and Andee said...

Your little Linc is so dang cute! I love seeing his big smiles! That is great about the job! Hope it goes well. That is funny about you speaking because Scott and I just did on Sunday, so did his sister, and one of our friends all the same Sunday. How werid is that?

Mitzi said...

Raquel...
Just by some random coincidence I clicked on a wrong link and obviously found you. I'm so glad! I really think it's been since jr. high! You look great and your little boy is adorable! So glad I found you!

Chris and Lesa said...

haha i (lesa) didnt even think about us getting confused! I guess maybe it would be good if i signed it by me. But yeah, im really messy a lot of the time. then it gets to a certain point and chris starts to clean. then i have to help ;)

Chris and Lesa said...

ha or maybe you werent talking about me being messy.. i just re-read that and i think i totally misunderstood it. but yeah, we should start saying who writes what.

Unknown said...

WOw, you are so busy! I am glad you got a day to relax:) It must be so hard having your husband gone working all the time, sometimes I feel like Cody is gone all the time with school and everything and it gets lonely! Hang in there and you guys need to plan a vacation just the two of you it is SO much fun! Well, Lincoln is still a cutie and so are you!