Sunday, August 24, 2008

Much better:)

All week I have been planning on updating this blog, then I don't have so darn much to write about. But I have everything going on that I don't ever get the time! And when I do miraculously get the time, I read Breaking Dawn! So fun! I already feel like 2 or 3 weeks have gone by, I'm exhausted!

It's been a great week! (Yeah!!) We started our week off playing with 3 other kids at our house on Monday. We had Keegan, my neighbor's little boy across the street, and Aysia and Dempsee, who are two of the most beautiful girls in the world. It actually turned out pretty fun. It kept me on my toes all day long, but it was good. It definitely made me think twice about having another baby soon. And I realized how easy Lincoln really is! I should do this more often so I can appreciate my little guy more.

Linc

Keegan and Linc

Linc and Dempsee

Aysia, the girls just loved the boppy pillow. They were so darn funny!

Dempsee

On Tuesday the girls got to come back and play with us! It was an even better day. We played at the house, then got to go to the park, have lunch, and play in the sand. It's actually pretty fun having bigger kids around that can talk and play more, not that I don't love love love having Lincoln around too! While the little ones took a nap after we got home, me and Aysia got to color for a while, and I had so much fun doing that! I really was a little sad when it was time for them to go home.

We buried Aysia in the sand.

Lincoln has never been in the sand before, so of course he had to test it out and see what that was all about.

Hi Mommy:)

Mike has been working a lot this week, really?! He left Sunday night late to head out for a job. So far we've been pretty lucky with his work schedule that he's only had to work a few Sundays. It's always nice to have him there with us:) This job ended up not being the funnest for him. They had to go "fishing" for the tools (not the fun fishing), so he ended up staying out on the site until Thursday morning. Poor Mikey! Of all that time he spent out there, he got 7 hours total of sleep!!! I have a new found respect for my man. I could never do that! When they found out they were going to have to stay longer, me and Linc got to meet him out in the middle of nowhere about an hour or so from GR and bring him food, clothes and a big fat smooch. It was so good to see him!!!

They have movies for kids at the theater all summer, so Wednesday morning me and Linc decided to go. We met Marlene and the girls and also Toni and Grant there. It was pretty fun. As soon as I got home I got the call from Mike and rushed to take him his stuff. I loved getting to see him in the middle of the job. It makes it easier.

We didn't have young womens on Wednesday night, so me and Bonnie planned a girls night at Toni's, thank you so much Toni! It was so much fun! I love my friends here! I've really enjoyed living out here. There was a bunch of girls who didn't get to make it, but it really turned out well. Toni had the cutest decorations/food! We chatted and chatted all night. We watched Penelope in between talking. We ended up staying and just chatting until almost 3am!! I loved every minute! Except for when my alarm went off at 5:30am!!! We had a breakfast for the young women and their mothers that morning at 6:30am. Me and Bonnie were so stinkin tired! But it was well worth it and I can't wait to get together again!

Some of the girls that night

Trevor and Linc were the only kids, I'm so glad they had each other. Actually, Trevor's dad works with Mike and they were on the job together. So I was glad Candace and Trevor could come over with us.

Grant is too big for this now, and Lincoln loved it so much, so Toni let him bring it home and play with it for a while. Thanks!

Mike left again Friday morning, first to the shop, then left for a job somewhere in the middle of nowhere Utah. I was so happy and surprised when he got home Sat evening. So soon, yeah!! I'm awful at going outside and mowing, weeding, all that rubbish. I should because he's hardly ever here. Anyways, he did when he got home and I appreciate it so much! Thanks sweetie!

Friday I took Linc into the Child Development Center for his physical therapy, which all is well. While we there there I went ahead and got his vision and hearing screenings done. Hearing is great. Have to wait for vision. Saturday was another early morning. I took Lincoln to Codee's, Aysia and Dempsee's mom, house at 6:45am. She watched him while I went to Vernal with the stake Relief Society to the temple there. I had never been to that temple before. It is beautiful! It reminds me of Logan's. Like a castle:) I felt so guilty going without Mike, esp because he's never been there either, but I'm really glad I went. It was a wonderful experience. I'm so grateful to be living out here and to have great friends that are so willing to watch Lincoln for us and to just have a good time with.

Mike had to go into the shop after church today. He didn't get home till after 11pm. He's such a good hard worker. I am so blessed to be his wife. While he was gone my friend Bonnie came over for visiting teaching. Her "visiting teaching" lasted from 3:30pm until after 9:30pm. I loved it! We ended up watching a movie and just chatting forever. Unexpected! I just thought Mike would come home soon, so I lost track of time. Anyways, obviously it's getting pretty late, I'm rambling again... I love you Mikey:)




3 comments:

Annica said...

I don't know how you can go without seeing Mike!! I think that would be so hard. I love your pictures. They are so cute!

heidijogoody said...

I know I have said this before but I dont know how you do it with Mike gone all the time. You should get an award for hanging in there on that one! Linc just gets cuter all the time.

Unknown said...

You are wonder woman Quel! We won't be at the wedding :( But we are so excited to see everyone for Christmas and I can't wait to play games all night! :) Linc will be soo big next time we see him. He's such a cute boy. The cousins are going to have a blast.