Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Mr. Mom and a broken finger



Mike has been such a good daddy! He got to stay home all week last week. It was actually really funny, the first day watching Linc all day, I called him on the way home and was going to run some errands, but he just said, "No, get home now!" Of course he didn't mean it in a rude way, but I just love that he now understands how crazy it can get being at home and having the little man all day long. Mike got to play with Linc, go to the gym almost every day (they have babysitting there), and just be at home. He also started playing in a volleyball league that plays every tue and thurs with some of our friends.

And then Wed came... Him and Jason went hiking somewhere out past Manila to some caves while Amanda had Linc. For a long reason, he was moving some big rocks back to their original place, and he accidentally dropped one on his finger and smashed it. Poor Mikey! I was still at work and I get a text saying "Broke finger, on way to see you" I got to take his xrays, that was kind of fun! He broke the tip of his finger. He doesn't think I give him enough sympathy, but I do feel really bad for him! I couldn't handle the pain, I'm a baby. He's been a trooper!


Ouchy!

I'm so grateful to Amanda! She kept Linc for us the whole time Mike was with her husband and while he was at the hosp. And then when we went to pick him up, they had ordered pizza for us. It was fun to get to hang out and chat for a bit. I love those two! Amanda is going to keep watching Linc once or twice a week while I'm still working full-time, and Shilayna wants to have him the rest of the week. We are going to miss Marlene for a while!!! She's been wonderful with him!



Since Mike really couldn't do much with Lincoln, like changing him and stuff like that, Linc went to Shilayna's to go play both Thurs and Fri. Mike went to the Dr to get his finger fixed up and ran some errands. It's so nice that he is able to be home during the week every few weeks. I feel like I can never get anything done! I freakin live at the hosp these days and it sucks! But it's ok, I'm learning a lot and this wont be forever. I'm just so tired and the house is a MESS!

Mike's friend came college and his family came and stayed with us this weekend. We played games, the boys went shooting, us girls went to a movie (Nights in Rodanthe, so good!), and went crawdad fishing. I finally got to go this time. We have lived here for a year and a half with Flaming Gorge 20 min away and this was the first time I've been! It was pretty fun. It was already dark when we got there, so I didn't see much. But I just love those little crabs. Creepy, but cool! I finally used my little backpack thing for Linc to be in. I wish I had some pics, he was so cute in it. And that thing is so convenient! Hopefully now I'll get out more with him and Mike.

Cute little Trevor. He's now a brother! My friend Candace just had her little Tucker!

It was so nice to have Sunday to hang out after church with just my little family. I didn't get a break this whole week until then. We napped and got caught up on all the new Prison Breaks, which by the way, Wahoo! TV is back! Greys was so good! Yes I am a TV junkie and I love it! Desperate House Wives, Scrubs (please come back for one more season, I haven't heard yet!), The Office, and Private Practice are all must sees for me.

So anyways, Mike left for North Dakota on possibly a few jobs yesterday, so he just might be gone for the week, we'll see. It was like a 12 hour drive, I feel so bad for him! I hope he gets plenty of sleep while he's out there. I miss you Mikey!! Bonnie came over yesterday and today after work and we watched some more Gilmore Girls. It's getting to be a cute little show. And it's always fun to watch with someone.


I love Lincoln so much in the morning! He's such a sweet little boy. He just lays in there and sings to himself before I come get him. It makes me so happy:) ...


Good morning Mommy!

But he's the BEST while sleeping!

I love the way he sleeps with his cute little tushie up in the air!

Lincoln is getting to be so funny. I just love the guy! Oh he climbed more than half of the stairs today! He climbed some for the first time the Sun before last, but hasn't really since today. Good boy! I'm trying to teach him the stairs so I don't have to worry about that. I swear this kids head! He bangs it on everything. He's going to be my tough little boy! Oh and speaking of "boy," I have decided that I don't want any girls. I want to be an all boy fam! I've been around way too many little girls lately that I just can't do it! Of course whatever if we have one, but if I could choose, NO! (Obiviously it was a crazy weekend!)

Stairs fun!!

He is so funny with that little tongue of his!




I totally forgot to take pictures of all the painting that we did. Here's a sample of some of it. (Black trim and white walls) I'll have to get to that in a few days.

Here's a little video of Mike and Linc playing... Seriously, it was really hard to get that other video of him laughing. I swear this kid hardly ever laughs! He's just a serious guy. Just like Mike:)

6 comments:

Annica said...

Sounds like you guys are pretty busy, but also having alot of fun! That's too bad about Mike's finger. That looks like it really hurt. AND I have really been curious about Nights in Rodanthe. I have the book (I have all the books by that author) and I really like it. I am curious to see how different it really is.... But, like I could ever get Dan to go to that movie with me. LOL

heidijogoody said...

I think it is good for a dad to be home with the kids all day long so they can see exactally what we do all day long:) I am sure Linclon loved having him home as did you. That finger doesn't look like it feels very good. Hopefully it will heal up well and soon.

Bradley, DeAnna, Donovan, and Chamae said...

What a cutie! Sorry about your finger Mike, it made me cringe a little. I thought of how it feels to get my finger smashed in a door, I'm sure breaking it is about 20 times worse. I wish Brad could take one day to stay at home alone with Donovan, he would learn a lot :) I love the pictures of Lincoln sleeping, Donovan sleeps with his tushie in the air too. I check on him before I go to bed (he always kicks his blankets off before he falls asleep) and it makes me smile every time.

Bradley, DeAnna, Donovan, and Chamae said...

It's funny, because Donovan hardly ever laughed when he was Linc's age and now it is so easy to get him out of control with laughter. Just be patient, it will come!

Unknown said...

Wow, does your life ever slow down? I can't believe how crazy busy you are all the time! I hope you can get to a part time status soon. You are wonder woman I think for everything you are doing right now:) That is too funny about Mike staying home all day, that is exactly how Cody is when he tends. As soon as I walk in the door, he hands me Kaylee! And I hope his finger heals up soon, that looks painful. And, yes definitely try to let us know when you are down our way so we can hang out...we would love that! Evenif it is just you, I would still love to get together!

Deirdra said...

You are one busy girl and Linc is just so stinkin' cute! I'm glad his daddy got to play with him for a few days, it can be a challenge, which is good for every dad to learn. However, being a parent is oh so rewarding and fun. By the way I vote for another baby over a puppy :) I hope Mike's finger is feeling better.