Friday, January 15, 2010

Wow long time!


This is one of my favorite pictures! Toni came over to watch Sequoia while I took Lincoln to the Dr. Well when I was trying to get Lincoln in the car he was just freaking out. He ran straight to Sequoia and wouldn't let her go! He didn't want to leave her. I had to get a picture, it was so sweet. I just love that they already love each so much. He just has to look at her and she beems.

I have 3 different posts because I have so much! So we have been doing all sorts of things around here. If I remember right, I think Mike has gone on one job since he's been home for the new year. And it was a quick job. I love having a live-in-husband! He's been super busy and stressed at the office so he comes home later than usual, but its still nice to get to see him. I guess you know when I don't have stuff with the young women, or errands to run when he gets home, or soccer for him or volleyball, working out at the gym morning and night half the days. Life is busy, but it definitely works good. Mike is really helpful with the kids when I need to go out. Actually, we are going on a real date tonight and I'm super excited. Sushi and Avatar here we come! It took forever to find a babysitter but I wasn't giving up.

My sweet little Grandma Letham died December 30 so me and the kids went to Driggs, ID to her funeral. I sure loved that cute little lady. I thing I remember most about her was that she used to pay me a nickel for everywhere I'd pull from her chin (Gee, I wonder where I got those from??) and I'll always remember the smell of her house. I loved that house. We got to go in and look through it one more time. Pretty soon the land will be all sold so I was happy to get to see it one more time... "So Wow!" is all I can say about the actual funeral. The kids, esp Lincoln, were crazy! I serious almost cried just because of my kids. I'm telling you what, don't take kids to funerals! Even though I barely heard a word they said, I'm sure it was appreciated to at least be there.

The trip home was an adventure all in itself! To make a long story short, I got pulled over (for probably the 13th time in my life) in Big Piney. I was on a Highway and it went from 65 to 35. He saw me when I got into town and I was going 49. He gave a warning, but also said "we need to to have a talk." Yep, he made me cry. Talking about how I'm going to kill my children and that was really fast. He told me to get out, get a drink and take a "few minutes for yourself." So my new year's resolution is no more speeding! To make it better, as we were about out of the same town, Lincoln puked everywhere. It wouldn't be a real road trip without that. It was awful. And the temp was like 3 above so we were miserable. The threw the wipes on the ground, and when we were done, they were already frozen. Cold!

That was definitely a night for Mike to be home, I'm so happy he was! He cleaned everything right when we got home. We put Linc to bed and he puked again. It was a long laundry night at 11pm. He ended up throwing up again twice Sunday night, one of them all over Mikey and the carpet. (I feel really bad about that one because I intentionally dodged!) I got someone to work for me Monday so I could be home with him. He's much better now:)


Sequoia's pretty dress from Grandma G



She loved the Christmas tree decorations


2 comments:

Annica said...

I heard about you getting pulled over AND about Link getting sick! I'm sorry! It was a rough weekend!!!! Hopefully next time we all get together it will be for something happier!

heidijogoody said...

I love that picture of licoln hugging sequoia that is just so cute