Saturday, April 19, 2014

Hiking a Volcano and a Night Just Me and Mikey

This was one of my favorite days as a family. We went on a drive out to Veyo and bought some delicious pies. On the way back we stopped by an old volcano along the side of the road. It was hard to climb it was a tiny little one, so me and Quoi stayed behind with Auri while Mike and Lincoln climbed all the way to the top. It was fun to watch them. I was so proud of my guys. Lincoln was so cute up there. 

After the volcano drive, we dropped the kids off at Grandma Goodman's for the night. A few days before, Mike surprised me by telling me he had gotten his Mom to babysit the kids for an extended date. He had to tell me about the secret because I planned on going to see Papa because we were told he only had a short time left. In the end, I chose to stay home and be with Mike. Papa did end up passing away the next week, but I'm still so grateful for the choice I made to stay home with my family, enjoy a wonderful day together, and spend the night with just me and my sweetheart. We needed that date to remind us who is the most important in life. I'm so grateful for him and the effort he put into our quality time. He is the best man I know.


The kids, of course, had a great time with Grandma and Grandpa Goodman. They played and played, got filthy dirty (a talent all 3 share) and after I started a class going for Shannon Stapley's family, I made it to the Easter Egg hunt they had. What a fun time with cousins!

0 comments: