Monday, April 21, 2014

"There Was A Bee In My Ear"

Oh our sweet Quoi! After church, the Sunday before last, while we were walking out to the truck, Sequoia told me a story about a bee got in her ear. (All the while I'm thinking, "Oh she's so silly, bee's in ears... what a story! ;)") She kept telling me about her bee, and how it would be ok because it would go through her ear, down her throat, to her tummy, and she would poop it out. Haha, she makes me laugh! I love her!

So anyways, we went home and had a nice relaxing Easter Sunday evening home and being lazy. We were just reading books for bedtime when there was a knock at the door. ??  It was Sequoia's primary teacher. She said she'd been thinking about Sequoia all day and felt like she needed to come make sure she was ok. I had no idea what she was talking about. 

Sister Koeven said Quoi told her she'd put a bead inside her ear and couldn't get it out.  

A BEAD!! It was my Ah Ha moment. What a terrible mother. It was all making sense now. She told me but I seriously thought she was talking about a bee! My bad Quoi!  Sister Koeven said she looked in her ear and couldn't find anything, but still felt she should come check on her, just in case. Well I am so grateful her teacher listened to that still small voice of the Holy Ghost and obeyed. I peeked into Quoi's ear and what do you know?! There was a BEAD stuck clear up her ear.

Mike and I tried for a good hour to get that sucker out of there. I really didn't want to spend a ton of money at the ER, and the Instacare closed in an hour, so Mike took her in.  They were seriously only there 20 min from walking in the door, maybe even 15. The doctor flushed her ear out with some water a few times and it popped right out. Sweet, good to know because I'm should there will be a next time! She said it didn't even hurt:)  She was so happy when she came home with 4 Skylanders Swap-force stickers, 2 for her and 2 for Lincoln. What a little sweet heart. I love this girl to pieces!
It was a wonderful testimony builder and a much needed reminder for me about acting on the promptings from the Holy Ghost. Right away and not waiting and waiting till its too late or not as helpful. I'm so grateful for that extra help we receive while here on Earth:)

1 comments:

heidijogoody said...

Oh my goodness. Thank goodness for the spirit and for great primary teachers who listen