Monday, April 28, 2014

Papa's Funeral

Papa was starting to get very confused and Nana had to take him to a care center (where Kimi worked so she got to be with him until the end, lucky girl). He was only there a few weeks. I'm glad he went fast. I didn't like thinking about Nana having to watch her sweetheart pass. He was such a wonderful man. I sure loved Papa. And I'm so happy I was able to be at his funeral/graveside memorial, it was beautiful. And there was a tiny miracle for us that day. It was quite chilly during the service, but we still had some sunshine. As I was walking to my car to leave, it started to snow. I was grateful to my Heavenly Father at that very moment for allowing us time to gather and think about Papa without the snow.
It was a stinkin cold day! The kids were bundled all together to keep warm. They were so cute:) So we though I was there physically, I still had the three kids running around so I only got to hear a third of what was said. Mike couldn't make it.
Quite possibly the first time I've ever seen Taylor smile. 
(Haha! Love you Taylor!)
Awe... such a cute little family.
Little lady in red:)
She was taking things from gravestones, running wild and crazy, and would scream if I touched her. Did I mention how much I love attending grandparents funerals with children? I still remember Grandma Letham's funeral being one of the worst/stressful days of my life.
Precious moment with Aunt Kiki.
A friend of my dad's from the mortuary did the services.

We all went back to Aunt Diane's townhome for a luncheon afterward. It was nice to be with my family and spend some time with them. I love them so much. 
This was the last time we saw Kiki and Tanner! We went straight home to St George after Diane's house and they moved to Texas just a couple weeks after. Sad day! I still miss you Kiki! I hope one day we will be able to come out and visit you.
The whole family together:)
And thanks so much to Katelyn for holding this little stinker so we could get some pictures taken!

0 comments: